Who's A Pretty Boy Then!

Opened the kitchen blind this morning to lovely Mr Sprawk...he looks so small !!

I am getting the death stare!!!

Posed beautifully for me

Then over to the fence before he vanished

Was so nice of him to sit for a photo session Heart eyes 

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Thanks Trevor, Well mines was taken through unopened windows..most of the usually are....I must admit am quite lucky to have them sit and pose for me over the years ...even watched a female eat her lunch in the snow as I had my door slightly ajar....was also nice to see the male perched on the branch across the pond. At one stage a neighbour asked me if I had a fake hawk on my log cabin to scare the birds away...it was a lovely large female that was just chilling!!

• Thanks CL..oh a dont mind watch him hunt in my garden as more often than not he gets nowt ;-)

• Wonderful to see such a bird in the garden, Linda! Agree with Clare that he does look almost cuddly in a few photos, far cuddlier than the females who look decidedly more fierce. We could do with a female Sprawk here at the moment as the Wood Pigeons are multiplying a bit quicker than we would like! Trouble is, there is no certainty she would take a Pigeon rather than something smaller. We have seen a couple piles of feathers in the last month but they look like an unfortunate male Blackbird and possibly a Collared Dove had met their maker. I am always thrilled to see a Sparrow Hawk but am happier still when they then go off to look for lunch elsewhere, permitting our smaller birds to live another day!

Kind regards, Ann

• I've had about 4 or 5 good views of Sparrow Hawks through the windows into the garden in the 22 years we've lived here. The problem photography wise is that we live in an old house and a lot of the glass distorts the pictures so unless the bird lines up with few really clear panes I have to settle for just watching. That's rewarding in itself but photographers are always frustrated if they can't get a shot of some sort.
    Your shots are very good considering that they're through glass.
    Trevor
  • Thanks Ann....yes its nice to get the male for a change as female is much more noticeable in size and she usually always gets a meal , she also let's everyone know about it ...crows and maggies go mental until she moves under cover!!! Hopefully your woodies find somewhere else to gather soon

• Oh I see, well the only reason my pictures are taken through glass is because all downstairs windows is the large pane with 2 little hoppers so am forever cleaning them! Am frustrated if a can't get to the camera in time never mind the right shot! Lol

• A stunning set of photos of Mr Sprawk Linda.

IF he wants, we've lots of wood pigeons down here he can have....

• Thanks Mike....a will let him know ;-)

• What great shots! So good of him to pose for you.
  • Thanks Shezkah...yes it was..Next challenge to catch him on the hunt ;-)