Snowfall in lockdown

Woke up to a light covering of snow before it got heavier;    we still took our hour's walk on the adjacent parkland so grabbed a few photos with Mike's new iPhone12   !      Nothing is edited.

Taken from our balcony 

then it was off for our walk .............

the building in the background is one of the 3 Lighthouse Labs in UK  where they test the Covid swabs

Radnor Mere 

for some reason struggling to upload some photos so I'll try one by one ............. bear with me  !!     more woodland pics to come ......

Regards, Hazel 

• No snowfall here on Anglesey to report but enjoyed very much looking at your photos Dave, whetted my appetite now with Goshawks and Honey Buzzards mentioned :-)

Lot to learn

• gaynorsl said:
    No snowfall here on Anglesey to report but enjoyed very much looking at your photos Dave, whetted my appetite now with Goshawks and Honey Buzzards mentioned :-)

There may not have been any snowfall on Anglesey, but I'd bet the view across the Menai was fabulous. 

• Gorgeous photos Hazel and the video was stunning, the photos would make excellent Christmas cards. Glad to here Mike is on the mend and you are getting out for walks.
  • Many thanks for the video and photos, Hazel. Gorgeous snow, woodland and other scenery. Great to hear that Mike is doing well and he looks well, too--good news. But I thought for a minute that Mike had taken up shepherding!

Thanks, Dave for the snow pics from your partner, too. I remember snow like that from the dim and distant past...and shovelling it. Thanks, too, for the beautiful snow/ice formation photos, too. Something similar was actually shown on Winterwatch just last week.

Kind regards, Ann

• Nice to hear a few old mountaineers reminiscing on here,I did very little winter work in Wales, the Lakes were only 1.5 hours away on the motor bike and then for longer periods it was up North to Scotland where I was lucky enough to work for a couple of winters. Definitely in for a soft life nowadays, bricks and mortar with central heating required !!

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Interesting that the website seems to think that Pete (Seaman) is really Wendy S. Somehow, although I have never met either Pete or Wendy S (whoever that actually is!) in person, I never thought of Pete as Wendy!

Kind regards, Ann

• Unknown said:

Interesting that the website seems to think that Pete (Seaman) is really Wendy S. Somehow, although I have never met either Pete or Wendy S (whoever that actually is!) in person, I never thought of Pete as Wendy!

When quoting a post I have made, it calls me "Lynn L" ?! Not my name or even initials.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Yep, Catlady, that is peculiar, perhaps some odd glitch in the software. I had noticed that when you and Clare (I believe it was her!) had a discussion about that! I wonder why it only happens for some and not for everyone.

Kind regards, Ann

• Yeah I've noticed that, any bright sparks among us that can suggest how to change it

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Agreed, Pete, but unfortunately it will not be me--am not a bright spark when it comes to tech, sadly! And considering the added stresses which individuals, companies, and charities are having now with the need for continuing funds and the added complications of Covid, what are the chances the RSPB would devote funds to solving that odd glitch anyway?! Probably they think they have better things to do with any cash available.

Kind regards, Ann