Odds & Sods 2021

Time to start this year's thread of odds and sods    (Last year's Odds & Sods HERE

Today a large flock of 40 or so Redwings descended on the fields around our local parkland and although they were pretty skittish and distant I hard cropped a few pics for you ....

and a blue tit landed nearby  !   

Regards, Hazel 

• Well Linda, how sad am I or what, have been counting your Geese!! Need to get a life or more like out get out to the garden!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• LoL CL. Did you count 99 aswell lol. It was a nice way to end the day last night when they came right over the garden...did i say garden..I mean bomb site lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Yes, after a few counts! It was a lovely day with us here yesterday, got the strimming done, when I pulled the lawnmower cord, it broke, so hubby tried to put the new one on, which he had as a spare as the mower is getting on now and has been threatening since a while, wrong size!! Tried other cord, no use but eventually found something that hopefully will work, it is on now, so really need to get out an try it. I got to the garden and hubby is on the golf course!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Mike, Thanks, I have given Mr GB your note. Fingers crossed that we have one soon, I hope!

Linda and Catlady, Thanks for counting the geese; now I won't have to! I really miss seeing geese over head as I used to do may years ago when I lived elsewhere--sigh. Always meant summer or winter was on the way and I loved to see them and to hear them--usually it was when I heard them that I knew to look up.

Kind regards, Ann

• Glad your getting some sunny weather too CL. Hope you finally got the grass cut. Mines is gonna stay long and wild lol..too busy ripping up decking and trying to repair the summerhouse !

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Unknown said:
    Please will someone point me to those threads where I recall discussions about the pros and cons of various trail cams

Just came across this article Ann

www.hedgehogstreet.org/.../

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thanks, Wendy, but that page claims not to be there despite showing a list of contents--odd. Found the website but did not see any ratings of cameras. But it is not a problem because when Mr GB puts his mind to it he doesn't mess about--a cam arrived this morning! Might be up by the weekend, so hope the family does not abscond to another den before we can capture them on camera.

Kind regards, Ann

• Very odd indeed Ann, it works well for me! Pleased to hear good news about cam & very much look forward to seeing foxy clips soomest!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Unknown said:
    Mike, Thanks, I have given Mr GB your note. Fingers crossed that we have one soon, I hope!

Linda and Catlady, Thanks for counting the geese; now I won't have to! I really miss seeing geese over head as I used to do may years ago when I lived elsewhere--sigh. Always meant summer or winter was on the way and I loved to see them and to hear them--usually it was when I heard them that I knew to look up.

You're welcome.

Which ever you decide to purchase, I, we, look forward to the video or photos that you post.

• Linda257 said:

Yesterday's flyby 

1 short of 100!!!

Sorry for poor quality as only had my phone on me!

I counted 137!

Oh, hang on, April Fools day was 27 days ago..... Laughing