Odds & Sods 2021

• Great to see the Black Stork back foraging amongst the others Hazel, what special birds you get over there; really brightens up the day to see photos on here and especially those we don't see in UK.

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Thank you Hazel for kickstarting the 2021 thread off, and what better to start with, redwings.

The thread is getting nicely populated with fabulous contributions all, too numerous to mention, but always a welcome to see.

Some of you will have seen this one from my first wander of 2012, a magpie hitching a ride.....

I don't know why, when I see this pic, it reminds me of this song....

Vanity Fare: Hitching A Ride

OMG, I feel old...... LOL

Mike

Flickr Peak Rambler

• Just how thick the ice is here !

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Brrrr!!!!!

Lot to learn

• double Brrrr !!!! hope you thaw out soon Linda

Regards, Hazel 

• That's cold!

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Just record pics from a brief walk by the Mere today but I thought these first two photos were interesting seeing how in sync the 4 birds are,   the 2 on the right mirroring almost exactly the two on the left  !!   Tufted ducks in flight:

wings almost touching -   you would think I'd copied and pasted the 2nd pair but I assure you I didn't !

the tufted duck even shows its tuft in flight    LOL

more Mandarin ducks in flight - quite a few more out of frame 

and Mrs Mally conducting an invisible orchestra    lol 

Regards, Hazel 

• Lovely, Hazel, and nice blue sky as well--lucky you! Rain early this morning here, grey for most of the day, but a bit brighter for only a few minutes mid-afternoon.  And more photos appeared while I was typing.  Love Mrs Mally!

Kind regards, 

Ann

• Oh wow. fab pics Hazel and lovely blue sky too. PB gonna love them lol..Lovely blue sky here today aswell !

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Oh, yeah, Mrs Jealous from Cheshire with MORE  flying mandarins and MORE blue sky. Huurrummpphhh....day off today and it didn't stop raining!! And you can stop giggling Linda