Odds & Sods 2021

Time to start this year's thread of odds and sods    (Last year's Odds & Sods HERE

Today a large flock of 40 or so Redwings descended on the fields around our local parkland and although they were pretty skittish and distant I hard cropped a few pics for you ....

and a blue tit landed nearby  !   

Regards, Hazel 

• Aww how lovely Hazel to have a wee wren aswell as the robins...lovely pics

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Hazel, Great to hear that you have a Wren and a couple of Robins visiting your balcony and of course, I love the beautiful Mallie.

Kind regards, Ann

• Wren's just follow you around, don't they, even when you haven't got a garden! Who's this one, then ... Slinky, Zinky?? Thinking

Nige   Flickr

• Unknown said:
    Wren's just follow you around, don't they, even when you haven't got a garden! Who's this one, then ... Slinky, Zinky?? 

LOL Nige  !     to be honest being three floors up from the ground we didn't really expect to see any birds not having feeders up and only a dish of mixed seed and bowl of mealies so a wren was such a bonus to suddenly appear on the balcony terrace and haven't got round to naming he/she yet but it does seem to be a constant visitor now there are live mealies on offer and that's before it starts feeding any young  !      As for a name we need something that means tiny like Dinky's name so any thoughts on a postcard please    !!    

Regards, Hazel 

• Grey sky when these were taken at distance - was in two minds to put these on bad pics  !!    but as they are a bit more interesting I have added them here.      4 Buzzards around and two were from what I could tell (as it was non aggressive with no chasing but only soaring together ) courtship bonding and looked like practicing food passing.

Half an hour after these were taken there was a clear blue sky   - typical   !!    

Regards, Hazel 

• Ahhhhh, they are so beautiful, thanks, Hazel!

Kind regards, Ann

• We have a fine Scottish word for something small, "Peedie"

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Just spent the last half hour on this thread, I have obviously not looked through it all! Lots of lovely photos from you all. A really good place for odds and sods.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Love those Buzzard photos Hazel, we are seeing Buzzards most days from our kitchen window. They seem to be over what is comically called a retirement village just up the road from us. You know me and raptors I can never see too many photos of them.

Pete

Birding is for everyone no matter how good or bad we are at it,enjoy it while you can

• Beautiful pics Hazy, lovely to have a Wren visiting, and the courting Robins too, your mealworm order will be increasing dramatically as the word gets around.

Lot to learn