Fabulous garden feeders and feeding birds

Its not nice times for all of us, reserves closed, many having to go into self isolation and much more.

James, may I apologise first, with your intended house move now on hold and all your feeders taken down in preparation, I do feel for you.

I know a good many of the community members are now concentrating more on their garden birds and feeders, and I was sort of hoping that a thread dedicated to the current situation may help to take some of the sting away.

Birds, and even mammals, particularly squirrels, will frequent our feeders to get their nutrients, and some take interesting chances to get their feed, so ~I thought starting a thread where all can share their photos may just put some cheer back in the world.

An articulate magpie after a coconut half....

And lastly, a blackbird trying to get on to a feeder, almost managing  it, but not quite!

Stay safe folks, and please feel free to share, no matter how good the quality is, lets bring a smile back to this world.

• lovely photos Mike, the female Sparrows plumage looks so beautiful with all those brown tones and markings and good to see she's helping keeping down the aphids and such lol

Regards, Hazel 

• We had surprise visitors to the garden yesterday morning, something I've never seen before, starlings, around half a dozen or so.

Sadly the weather was yuk, so photography was difficult, but I manage to get some half decent cropped images, after playing around with Photoshop.

The starlings were very interested what was inside the alkanet, they kept going in and coming out after about 30 secs or so!

A very distraught blackbird, with starlings on the feeding ground!

The came along a magpie, and they all disappeared!

But the starlings were back later in the afternoon...

And this time, after this mornings catch of caterpillars, it was the turn of the worms to be hunted....

While this one starling was on lookout duty from the start to finish!

As the lookout turned, they all flew off!

• Nice to see you getting some starlings Mike...I have them constantly...they even come to the wondow feeders...never seem to be full up lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• After three days of showers, the sun made an appearance for the day, the garden and feeders also became quite busy.

I put a feeder back up in the cherry tree after it was taken down earlier this year for a bit of trimming, and it didn't take long for a blue tit to make a meal for itself...

What a messy eater, dropping food!

Back for more, no messing around this one.....

And a robin on the nugget slab...

Back for more....

And for the encore, a flying visit....

For this shot, the robin wasn't too sure of the changed camera noise, I'd selected silent shutter, which though it still makes a noise, its a lot quieter.....

• Sunday, was a dull cool but not cold day, and surprisingly, the feeders were quiet!

However, one sparrow managed to find what looks like some bread, and was definitely making a meal of it...

Apologies for the poor quality photos, they were taken from inside the kitchen.

• Looks like a very dull day indeed! Sun was shining bright here Mike

• Very nice set Mike, looks like we get one week of dull weather followed by one week of sun ……. looks good this week so keep camera on standby !

Regards, Hazel 

• Linda257 said:
    Looks like a very dull day indeed! Sun was shining bright here Mike

It probably wasn't helped by the sparrow being under the foliage of the neighbours shrubs. I did try to lighten the photos, butt hey started to look grainy, so I left them alone.

• Unknown said:
    Very nice set Mike, looks like we get one week of dull weather followed by one week of sun ……. looks good this week so keep camera on standby !

Thank you. Tuesday & Wednesday here are looking good, but thee cloud is set to return Thursday. 

• Och the piece of bread brightened up the pic lol