In my garden.....

So instead of starting a new discussion everytime I get new visitors or decent shots of wildlife in the garden I shall just keep adding to this one.

So today it was the Great Spotted Woodpecker, 2 of them chasing each other around the trees

Just managed to catch the 2 of them together

Then it was Woodpecker v Starlings....yes I see yous up there

Move out of my way as am coming up...

I said moooooove...

you were warned...

ah...peace to eat at last..

I Dont mind sharing with the dunnock though, just those pesky starlings I dont like lol

Dunnock, robin and thrush happily hopping about together

Gorgeousredwing still around

Flying without wings.....

I just like the different colours of the trees and sky not all grey for a change!

Mr & Mrs RRB (bad pic but it difficult to get them together)

and up last its a wee lollipop

Think that will do for today as I have probably bored you all long enough lol

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Och it will be fine Gaynor...at the end of the day she was was only moaning about sitting out in the summer time and I can easily move the feeders into the trees but I cant stop the birds landing on the fence...its a very long flaming fence! And once my bamboo takes hold it will screen the fence nicely. She moans about the height of my conifers aswell but naff all she can do as they are blocking out the floodlights and school and does not block any sun or light! Darn cats you say yeah I hear you...hose at the ready always! Not that a drop ever hits them lol
    Looking forward to seeing your Pics tomorrow.

• Linda257 said:

Late up this morning...it was the squirrel eating from the window feeder that woke me. Tap tap tap against the window.

Garden was pretty quiet but colourful with my lovely new plants then I saw something on top of the fence....camera....zoom in...

Seriously....looks like my neighbour is taking action rather than just a moan!

Robin took no notice...

new assault course for the squirrel...

My anger didnt last long as I sat all the bamboo to be planted against the fence and moved my feeders a little 

I just think it so sad that folk have become so distanced from nature, something that we all need, like it or not.

I guess the plus side is that it seems nature friendly, and good on the squirrel.

• Its very sad Mike especially as she was one of the neighbours that campaigned against the school being built to save our wildlife!...not that she even knows what a woodpecker looks like!

My other half was more angry than me but I just see and older woman looking for something to do and moan about as she has no other half to moan to!

Just wait until I build an assault course for the squirrels lol

• Linda257 said:
    Its very sad Mike especially as she was one of the neighbours that campaigned against the school being built to save our wildlife!...not that she even knows what a woodpecker looks like!

My other half was more angry than me but I just see and older woman looking for something to do and moan about as she has no other half to moan to!

Just wait until I build an assault course for the squirrels lol

We have a neighbour at the back, just as obnoxious. Our Red Robin was planted around 15 months ago, and they trimmed the tops off because it was above the 3ft high fence!

I complained and warned them we have CCTV (which we do have, more as a nature cam Wink) and that criminal damage had been done.

Their response was, it obstructs our view.

My response, "What view, being nosey at what we're doing in our back garden?", to which the door was slammed in my face. They have no view other than our back garden, and the RR won't block any sunlight, our house roof does that!

I'm told on good authority, they're obnoxious to everyone, including their next door neighbours....

• Jeezo Mike, I have them on other side aswell. We got threatened with the council if we didnt trim the trees so they could see in...typical cops nosey *******
    These people that buy their houses and think they buy the whole street!

Now on evenings I encourage my youngest (16) to go out into the summerhouse and batter his drums...hes gotta practise and he is good though lol

But thats all the least of our worries at this testing time! More planting to get done

• Nothing much to report on this very grey day,  however my GS woodpeckers brought beautiful colour as the flew in and out the garden

So nice to see  them in pairs then hopefully their brood!

Pair of Dunnocks

LTT hiding in the xmas tree

and grumpy chops on the summerhouse roof

all being watched by Woody...

• Early...ish rise today and just in time to watch the song thrush collect building material for her nest

Then she cleaned out my pond for me!

A little tooooooo much 

I guess not as she made it up to the fence

She was back and forth many times so her nest cant be too far...possibly next door in the neighbours garden...oh dear that will be my fault too!

I have spent most of the day by the window , as was absolutely freezing outside, so I will leave you all to enjoy the song thrush for now before I bore you all with the rest lol

Hope you are all safe and well. 

• What a beauty Linda, it's always special to see thrushes in the garden. As you say, it was a very cold start to the day and same tomorrow methinks. Arctic air on its way.

Regards, Hazel 

• Lovely to get them collecting nesting material.

Nige   Flickr

• Another set of lovely photos Linda, nice to see the lovely Thrush. Your ears will be hot with the neighbour's complaining about her nesting in their trees!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.