2020 Hoggies & earlybirds on my garden trailcam!

Noticed food was disappearing but suspected rats/cats as the weather has been so dire ... had a calmish night to set up trailcam ... imagine my delight at discovering this footage

The season has begun!  Woo-hoo!!!

2019 thread here ... https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/201217/hoggies-earlybirds-on-trailcam-2019/1278524#1278524

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Good, no argy bargy this time, nice video Wendy. I haven't seen any over this Spring, just one in the fields ages ago, shame after we used to get them regularly as you know.

Lot to learn

• Am getting two together quite regularly each night now Gaynor ... shame your hoggies disappeared, I remember being so envious! Have you considered asking rescue centres if they need any release sites?

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Lovely to see the two regular hoggie visitors Wendy; made me laugh as one went around the food cover box checking out every angle whilst the other hog was feeding ! I remember last year when I took the Jay to Stapeley Grange, they had 152 hogs in the hospital so there plenty that eventually needed rehoming. Our local wildlife centre around the corner offered me two hoggies when I dropped them off some items just after we sold our house - what a pity I didn't think about the possibility of offering to rehome a couple of hogs a few years ago as they would have loved our woodland garden and all that leaf litter - even had a picket fence they could get through and gaps under the panel fencing. However, I did find that Bank Vole who had taken up residence so that was an unexpected bonus ! Right, time to get the last items in the car for removal to new home; I'll do my best to keep tabs on this website.

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks aitch ... remember to have plenty of refreshment breaks!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• WendyBartter said:
    remember to have plenty of refreshment breaks!

Cheers Wendy,     Just got back to rental for a cuppa and sandwich after the whole morning taking stuff over to apartment and trying to work out the new appliances  - I need to go back to college to set up the washing machine, tumble drier and ovens  !!    I blame it on the youth of today that go in for hi tech gizmo's ;      no longer can you keep things simple by turning a dial to set temperature and programme  -    I eventually ended up sitting on a stool to start the set up process for the laundry and the oven (which took me longer than the pre-wash cycle ! )  - haven't got to the microwave yet as I'm exhausted   LOL      who the heck needs Wi-fi on appliances ?  !     I used to like life when it was simple and the TV came with three channels  - which reminds me we have yet to buy one  !       Even the bl**dy induction hob is Wi-fi      LOL  

Regards, Hazel 

• And they said computers would make life easier!

I'm not so sure about the younger generations getting taken in, many of them are saying the same, its the techies that are forcing these things down our throats!

• Oh dear aitch, I feel for you having to fathom out all these new gadgets says the person who swapped the electronic timer on boiler to a mechanical one for ease of use ... my next microwave will be a 'bottom-of-the-range' one, maybe even a wind-up type! lol As long as it defrosts & reheats with minimum fuss that'll suit me .... just a passing thought, what happens when wifi goes down ... is there a manual over-ride??

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• WendyBartter said:
    just a passing thought, what happens when wifi goes down ... is there a manual over-ride??

I haven't linked the appliances to the Wi-fi network (optional to do that - possibly for busy workers who want their washing and dinner started before they get home)  and will continue to use them the old fashioned way despite having to cope with the thousand menu's on each appliance  lol       They are beautiful appliances and my fault for upgrading to Miele for laundry and Siemens for ovens/microwave/hob  but I've had Miele in the past and they've still be going 12 years later so tried and tested although my previous appliances were the basic of the range whereas these are the top (which I had no choice but to go for as the builder had very limited choices from his supplier on upgrades and I didn't want the faff of installing laundry appliances myself).     I left the washing machine to calibrate itself before I left   (oh yes,  seems it has to be run through that before use ! )   so hope I haven't flooded the whole building  LOL     Just got my feet up on sofa at the rental   (no sofa yet in apartment ! )   and having a last cuppa before heading back for our first sleep in new home;    don't think I will need any rocking as I'm so tired !    Will catch up tomorrow.    

Regards, Hazel 

• Little interloper here before the fight!!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Another Hoggie/Froggie moment

Best viewed large or with magnifying glass! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr