Add your "Odds & Sods" here thread ... 2020

Starting with a first for me ... Sparrowhawk in neighbour's garden here in quarry, only ever seen a seemingly lost youngster many years ago!

Grabbed ID vid footage through d/glazed door, then battery died & by time I'd replaced it to go outside for better res a delivery driver stopped next door & frightened the bird off!! grrrrrr

Hope it's a one-off for the sake of my Spadger horde!

2019 thread here ... https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/196421/add-your-odds-sods-here-thread/1275306#1275306

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• These are from about 10 days ago, when I finally saw some Skylarks close enough to catch in flight. I can't remember now if it was a song-flight or a territorial scrap as both were happening.

And the return of the warblers, with several singing Chiffchaffs around

Nige   Flickr

• Very nice against the lovely blue sky. I have never seen either of those birds before...now added to the must see list! Laughing

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Thanks Paul, the Dipper is one of my favourite birds,......my list seems to be growing!!!

Fabulous shots of the Skylark Nigel especially the last one, followed by the Chiff Chaff, lovely.

Lot to learn

• Hazel C said:
    Oh how lovely Paul, makes me think of summer hols as we don't get them around here, it's given me my smile of the day anyway!

Thanks, Hazel. There were a pair of Dippers and also a pair of Grey Wagtails. I don't often see them so it's nice to know that they're here almost on my doorstep.

Also seen the first Nuthatch I've ever seen in this area. :-)

My bird photos HERE

• Nice pics chaps, still never seen a dipper :o(
  • Good stuff Nige and Paul. Love Dippers but don't see them in the lowlands. The Grey Wag is looking particularly colourful.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Great photos everyone, they're keeping me going whilst I spend 3 wasted days trying online and then today hanging on in a queue to speak to a human at BT in order to organise internet/landline at the new place - Finally got there in the end but its drained all my energy resources LOL I need a good distraction at the moment so keep them coming.

Regards, Hazel 

• Sorry Hazel no bird pictures to distract you but hopefully this will make you smile....

Early rise this morning as had much to do...downstairs and into the kitchen and all I could see below the blind....

Pulled up the blind very slowly....

Good morning Mr G

Yum Yum Yum

It doesnt matter what time of day it is or whatever the weather...can always rely on GS to make you smileLaughing

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• LOL, certainly did make me smile - then scream as I saw it was a grey squirrel LOL       brought back memories of 23 greys we had in the garden all at same time  !! 

Regards, Hazel