Add your "Odds & Sods" here thread ... 2020

Starting with a first for me ... Sparrowhawk in neighbour's garden here in quarry, only ever seen a seemingly lost youngster many years ago!

Grabbed ID vid footage through d/glazed door, then battery died & by time I'd replaced it to go outside for better res a delivery driver stopped next door & frightened the bird off!! grrrrrr

Hope it's a one-off for the sake of my Spadger horde!

2019 thread here ... https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/196421/add-your-odds-sods-here-thread/1275306#1275306

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• What a beauty to see in your local park Nige, wondering our local Tatton park will reopen at some stage as it was closed about a month ago when people were congregating on the entrance drive and within the park itself.

Regards, Hazel 

• Lovely shots Nige, and even lovelier to hear from you again, I was beginning to worry!!
  • Great shots Nigel, good to see more of your fab pics. As with everyone here stay safe and well.
  • A few from the garden this morning. :-)

The joys of youth......

......versus the benefits of knowledge and experience.!!

Two different Pud's, in case you weren't sure.!! :-)

My bird photos HERE

• Very nice Paul....even the cats!

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• lovely set of photos Paul, that starlings plumage is stunning and the pretty collared dove; acrobatic blue tit turning its head 180 degrees ! great to see the young playful puddy tat and the wise one looking on !

Regards, Hazel 

• A few from today and the first time I've picked the camera up for ages;        starting with the lovely yellow colour of rapeseed oil crop

skylarks were singing and sky-dancing but too difficult for me to get a photo of,  no bins and bad eyes   !  

very distant but did manage to see one of the Lapwings that frequent this area

I saw at least six common buzzards today;   two pairs for sure 

a little too distant to get clear shots so had to hard crop these pics ….

Carrion crow looking for tasty morsels in the pony paddock

Blue Tit surprised to see a human being outside    !! 

a rather tatty looking Robin 

I put butterflies on the dedicated thread but forgot to add this Speckled Wood 

and there was a little Polo practice going on ….       I had the wrong lens on so record shot only.

Regards, Hazel 

• Very nice Hazel, I think buzzards were out in force today enjoying the sunshine like us! A speckled wood....very nice indeed. That bluetit does look a bit shocked...but great pic. Even a bit of polo practise...oh how the other half live! lol
    Thanks for picking up the camera again and sharing...always good to see something different.

(Pardon the Scottish Accent)

• Lovely to see the field full of the rape seed Hazy, it certainly catches the eye. I saw similar birds to you today but my buzzard was singular and sat on the telegraph pole, and the crow not half as nice as yours though I did try to catch the sunshine on it's back!! We are lucky to still be getting the sun for these photos, even though the wind is chilly just now. A hard working Robin and lovely Speckled Wood made it well worth getting out.

Lot to learn

• Evening all - thought I'd add some of my photos from today's walk... Haven't got out much recently but sun was out again today so off I wandered!

LTT:

Jackdaw with a grubby beak:

Comma:

And a record shot of a Grey Wagtail - always nice to see something a bit out of the ordinary!