My Birding or Critter Day 2019

Got up to Seahouse about 8:30am Saturday morning and it was a nice clear run all the way so never stopped, seeing it was a nice morning we parked outside our digs and had a walk along the cliffs, came back to greet the cleaner who we know so she let us park in the garage under the cottage and let us put our food little as it was in the fridge after she cleaned it out we then headed into the villige and walked down to the harbour and booked a trip out to the Islandswe only did a three hour trip one of whice is alanding on the NT inner Farne Island, sadly the clouds rolled in so it was a little on the dull side but did manage some pictures, here is one for now.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Thanks Nige, here is one movie you might like Slight smile

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Amazing pictures Jim, it looks like a ver recommendable place to go

https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/wildlife-questions/204686/help-to-attract-wildlife-please/1262467#1262467

• Just seen your video, Like it very much. Thanks for sharing

https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/wildlife-questions/204686/help-to-attract-wildlife-please/1262467#1262467

• Thank you David, I have been going here for over 28 years, I love the place, and glad to see you back on the forum.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• I will leave it till tomorrow just incase its a glitch, but i see two post the same now?

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Fabulous shots of the Puffin James, just watched the video - do you think the birds are trying to tell you something!!!!!

Lot to learn

• Excellent vid, Jim. I must go one year. Odd, the way they attack and then when they get fed up of that they just perch on the persons head they had been attacking with no attempt to continue pecking away! What are they thinking???
    There are 2 identical posts for some reason but both work, so I wouldn't worry about glitches.

Nige   Flickr

• We have had this out on Facebook about disturbing the birds Gaynor, and they are doing better now people are going on the islands? so it looks like we are not distubing them even thoug it looks like it, and i have some very bad news, the islands have been closed to any landings because of the storms we had over the last couple of days because it would have been to upsetting tosee all the young puffins that had been drowned, sadly some people were taking it out on the staff selling the tickets because they could only have a sail past and not land, i say they are the minority of the people who go there sad but true :(

Thank you Nige, I have got ridof one it was still there :) You will not regret going once bitten as they say :) and i always find a new spot each year and this one will give you the best sighting of waders you have had i will get round to procesing them I have a lot to go through :)

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Just one from a new spot I found Nige.

POST EDIT

Got mixed up its a Sanderling not a Turnstone.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Excellent pic. Sanderlings are lovely waders. There is a good spot on the West coast to get them as well, as they are very confiding and will come within a few feet if you're patient

Nige   Flickr