Kestrels in the Quarry 2019... Just in time for Xmas!!

Two New Year Wishes ... firstly that Mr K visits tomorrow to start our year off right!

... secondly that a beautiful female appears to sweep Mr K off his feet & into that nest hole!

Thanks for all your support & encouragement during this past year ... 2018 thread here ...  https://community.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/f/all-creatures/196252/kestrels-in-the-quarry-201 

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Is this Mr K? ... obviously moulting & looking even more scruffy in strong breeze (hence sound muted) ... can't make my mind up even though showing all the usual traits!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• No not Mr K, NO POOP!! I dunno it could be, the teardrops seems more visible today and as Alan says, it's too much of a coincidence, same pole etc!? Lovely to see him anyway.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• He did CL @ 8.24 in slow motion just for his fans! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Oh the cheeky little devil, so he did, just to trick me!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Still querying if this male is Mr K ... perched on cliff @ 09.05 this morning ... video action failed but fortunately had a couple of pics ...

This one taken from aborted vid

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Whether its Mr K or not, its wonderful to see this kestrel in your lovely photos, thanks Wendy.

Regards, Hazel 

• It's nice to see a Mr K ... whoever he is but you're going to have to decide sooner or later who he is. We can't keep having a questionable Mr K Slight smile If it is a new one though I'm not sure Mr K2 sounds right ... more like a mountain.

Nige   Flickr

• I feel that this Kestrel who visited twice on 26th for a long time is a new male ... what strikes me most is the pristine state of his feathers, as if nearing completion of first moult, & his noticeable white eyebrows??

First visit @ 08.16, was there til gone 10.00 but didn't get the fly-off

Bit of a long vid but good views of his feathers as he preens

Slowed down clip

Came back with prey @ 12.46

So many flies in the heatwave conditions

He hopped up to a higher ledge & perched for another long time ... no fly-off again as 32Gb card was full to bursting! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• I agree that it does look like a different Kestrel especially when he looked back over his shoulder and showed those dashing white eyebrows !! He's certainly taking good care of those new feathers, made me laugh as he was pulling those feathers back so far his head nearly ended up touching his back lol Whichever kestrel it must be wonderful to have such good views of him so long may he stay and bring his takeaways !

Regards, Hazel 

• Maybe if this one stays around he will have more luck in attracting a female? Live in hope, as ever!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr