"Odds & Sods" (old version) - please add to the new thread 2020 instead !

THIS THREAD IS NOW DISCONTINUED,   please add to the new 2020 thread HERE

Often we don't have enough photos to create a full thread so thought I'd start an Odds & Sods thread where you may want to add a pic or two when you don't have enough for their own thread .    Feel free to add your rogues gallery here ! 

I only had a couple of pics today, one a Treecreeper and the other a very hacked off looking Great Egret huddled against the reeds trying to keep warm !

Regards, Hazel 

• Lovely to see the Brambling Hazy, also the female Bullfinch, both birds I haven't seen here for ages.   That's what I call a proper feeder full of birds.

Lot to learn

• Alan, Your Lollipops are completely adorable--thanks for the photos!

Kind regards, Ann

• A few quick pics from the garden today when I was photographing two GT's which have advanced Avian Pox :(      The photos of the GT's are distressing to see so I won't add them on this thread.     I have reported these birds with AP to the BTO and sent photos for their database.  

Meanwhile, on a happier note here are the healthy birds.     All feeders are now withdrawn as we have had an influx of birds coning in and I want to disperse them to cut down the chances of AP spread.      Despite regularly cleaned feeders, areas, perches, etc,   seems nothing will prevent these diseases appearing although this is the first time I've seen these GTs with AP so wondering if they are new arrivals to the garden.    All other birds are very healthy but I want to keep them that way so, sadly, no more food/feeders for a while.   At least the weather is very mild.

Dinky Wren

Nutty

a very healthy Great Tit

and one of several robins

Regards, Hazel 

• Shame about the GT's. Fortunately, I've not seen infected birds often, recently, just one bullfinch that I recall.

Nice photos, especially Dinky - and I see you even had some sun, which is more than we managed.

Nige   Flickr

• Very sad to hear about the GT's Hazy, it seems to be such an ongoing thing with this disease, very disheartening.   As you say your other birds are looking well and Dinky and Nutty especially looking good.    Here's hoping those birds had just arrived in your area and by taking away the food you will have removed the risk to the other birds.   

Lot to learn

• Very nice Hazel.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Just packing car ready to head up to Silverdale for Christmas and a meet up with Jim;      there are lots of birds in the garden at the moment so i'm sure they are not all the regulars and have come in from the local area and it's so sad to see them flying around searching for the missing feeders but sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind and it doesn't make for happy viewing either seeing these two GT's or watching the birds wondering where their easy food supply has gone.    The feeders, despite being freshly hung ones two days ago will all have to be re-cleaned once we get home again and refilled as this disease is so contagious.    Poor birds :(        One good thing is that the weather is set for mild and dry from tomorrow. 

Next update will be from Leighton Moss !        

Regards, Hazel 

• I think Knot

From the bottom

And from the top.

Very decent of them to show us that.!! :-)

My bird photos HERE

• Good thinking setting off later as a drove past Lancaster the rain had stopped and its been dry the rest of the day for us, had to turn heating down it was mad hot in here but it has cooled down now, only took a few pictures from Public hide and thank you for the Burger um um um, just having a beer i got on the way up so should sleep well tonight :) 

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Nice captures Paul A.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group