"Odds & Sods" (old version) - please add to the new thread 2020 instead !

THIS THREAD IS NOW DISCONTINUED,   please add to the new 2020 thread HERE

Often we don't have enough photos to create a full thread so thought I'd start an Odds & Sods thread where you may want to add a pic or two when you don't have enough for their own thread .    Feel free to add your rogues gallery here ! 

I only had a couple of pics today, one a Treecreeper and the other a very hacked off looking Great Egret huddled against the reeds trying to keep warm !

Regards, Hazel 

• yep, that may work Tony;   when I download my Jpegs from Lightroom I bring them in at around 2mb which is a good quality size file to save.    When I have to reduce the size to less than 1mb for here then I end up deleting the files afterwards.     I would love them to increase the size to 2mb then I wouldn't need to do anything more.

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks Mike.  I actually remembered I had continuous shoot on my camera, and further still remembered to keep my finger on the shutter! RelaxedSmile

90% luck, 5% field craft, 5% camera skills.

• A few from the last couple of weeks.

• Beautiful photos and video clips Bob,  such lovely species one and all.

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks Hazel. It was nice to see the barn owls in a better light. Rained through the night so I think they stayed up later in the morning. Plus the sound from the grouse in the clip was great, not heard that noise from them before, just the loud one.

• Been raining here during the night and on and off during the day, pretty gloomy generally so it's lovely to see everyone's photos and video clips although still proving a bit hard to find latest posts and replies,    when I clicked on the link to your reply which came to my inbox it brought me to the middle of nowhere in this thread and had to scroll to near the top to click on newest  !      Do hope we get some semblance of order to this new format as I'm missing several posts and replies.  

Back to the grouse, it was a superb clip Bob and such a smart looking bird.

Regards, Hazel 

• A nice selection - I especially like the 2 Barn Owls ducking their heads and the Grouse. You just need to get one riding an adder now, like in the advert. 

Nige   Flickr

• A bit of colour from the weekend to cheer us up...

This Magpie was having fun in the bath

And a quick spin

A Wagtail plays shepherd

And an atmospheric Curlew

I hope this goes in the right place and not lost somewhere in the middle ...

Nige   Flickr

• Lovely collection of species with the colourful KF, the ultra clean Maggie, sweet little Waggie and beautiful Curlew inflight;   at least the photos are cheering this place up so thanks for your efforts Nigel;     I still ended up lost in space when I clicked the inbox link lol        my scroll button is wearing out  !

Regards, Hazel 

• Thanks Hazy

I've given up trying to go to last post by clicking it for long threads. It seems to work for short threads, but not the year round ones we do so I have no idea what they have done there. Now, I just open the long running ones at the title and arrange by Newest first.

Nige   Flickr