"Odds & Sods" (old version) - please add to the new thread 2020 instead !

THIS THREAD IS NOW DISCONTINUED,   please add to the new 2020 thread HERE

Often we don't have enough photos to create a full thread so thought I'd start an Odds & Sods thread where you may want to add a pic or two when you don't have enough for their own thread .    Feel free to add your rogues gallery here ! 

I only had a couple of pics today, one a Treecreeper and the other a very hacked off looking Great Egret huddled against the reeds trying to keep warm !

Regards, Hazel 

• Great pics aitch, Spadgers & Starlings at last ... then you have to show off (lol) with a girgeous Tree Spadger! Yes, is a humble common or garden male Spadger in second pic but they are oh so lovely & chatty, love my happy horde here!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thanks Wendy,   must say it was a pleasant surprise to see the Tree Spudgie  and just as thrilled to see our first House Sparrows and Starlings   -  they are rarities on my list  !!

Here's the little Wren that sometimes turns up...…    still miss our old garden birds and Dinky too !

Regards, Hazel 

• Always lovely to catch sight of a Wren aitch ... maybe Dinky followed you up the road? Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Ta Wendy, all I need now is a hoggie but it can't get in with concrete walls and no gap under the gate !

Regards, Hazel 

• Hazy, Just ask the landlord if you can cut a hole in the bottom of the gate!

Kind regards, Ann

• Unknown said:
    Hazy, Just ask the landlord if you can cut a hole in the bottom of the gate!

I could but there's then a foot drop into the courtyard so would need to add tiny steps   lol 

Regards, Hazel 

• Of course, standard procedure for allowing Hedgies to climb out of a pond is to install a ramp!

Kind regards, Ann

• Unknown said:

We only have a small courtyard at our rental property but I decided to buy a new bird feeder and see if anything turned up ………….. so far we have had the usual Blue Tit, Great Tit, Robin increasing to include House Sparrow, Starling, Pied Wagtail, Wren and this morning we got a rather special visitor keeping company with the Sparrow family  ….

Brilliant photos Hazy.

As for the new feeder, word, or should that be tweets, will soon get around.

• Nice pictures everyone, not been doing much here but called up at the Moss on the 17th got there early for the BT's but after 3 hours only a male and female turned up but while waiting for these a Dunnock put on a good show for us all, and so did the Robins, and yes the water is dropping but you still need wellingtons on at the moment.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Thanks Mike,  as well as the delightful Tree Sparrow I was just as thrilled to see the House Sparrows having not had any in the last garden at all in the 9 years we were there.

they were eating a suet/mealworm mix 

I bought one of the Ring-Pull feeders (also added front ring perches to the feeder) and put a quality seed mix & berry suet in it

Regards, Hazel