"Odds & Sods" (old version) - please add to the new thread 2020 instead !

THIS THREAD IS NOW DISCONTINUED,   please add to the new 2020 thread HERE

Often we don't have enough photos to create a full thread so thought I'd start an Odds & Sods thread where you may want to add a pic or two when you don't have enough for their own thread .    Feel free to add your rogues gallery here ! 

I only had a couple of pics today, one a Treecreeper and the other a very hacked off looking Great Egret huddled against the reeds trying to keep warm !

Regards, Hazel 

• Lovely additions Alan;    yesterday I tried to locate the local hares and found three in different areas, however, the minute they see a human from quarter mile away they bolt   !!!     these should be on bad pics thread but probably the only hare shots I'll ever get at this rate  lol

(hard cropped shots and too far away to have sharp focus)

It had already spotted me way back up the lane ………...

and then the inevitable  ! ………….    run rabbit hare run   ………...

I spotted this one on the corner of two lanes and crept up slowly but suddenly a car appeared from right hand side and the hare shot off into the cornfield   lol   

this is all I managed to get as it grazed on the lush grass/weeds 

Sigh  !   maybe next time  !!  

Regards, Hazel 

• Rapid little so-and so's aren't they! And may be hard cropped, but still better focussed than some of mine when I was in Yorkshire and they were just sat around nibbling the grass lol
  • A couple more pics from yesterday;

juvenile Pied Wagtail

very distant shot of a Hare and a Crow    - must be a story there somewhere  !   

found another hare shot -  do they ever stand still for more than 2 seconds ?   lol

equally distant shot of a common buzzard perched up

male Common Darter  ?

Starlings waiting for the non existent polo match to start    LOL

one of the juvenile starlings keeping an eye on me and the camera !

Regards, Hazel 

• At least you're getting some hares, even at a distance and who won't stay still, as I'm not seeing many at all Slight smile

Unknown said:
    male Common Darter  ?

Yes

Nige   Flickr

• I'm thinking Wood Sandpiper, but the bill seems a bit too long. :-)

My bird photos HERE

• Paul A said:
    I'm thinking Wood Sandpiper, but the bill seems a bit too long. :-)

Could be one of the Strawbills.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Nah, TJ, That's surely a Willow something of some sort! Never was any good with waders...

Kind regards, Ann

• Very nice picture Hazel, I see you found the hares then, and nice Dragonfly pictures.

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• First time I've managed to find a Spotted Flycatcher locally. Just long distance, heavily cropped record shots.

This particular part of the moors is notorious as a migrant stopover, so I guess it's on the way back to Africa from somewhere

Nige   Flickr