Add your "Odds & Sods" here thread

• Lovely pic of the Blackcap TJ, I haven't had one in the garden for years, maybe with the cold coming early this year I might be lucky.
    Great to see that many LTT's PB, must get out the fat balls it seems, I also get a few now and again, they are in and out in a flash though as seems the norm, lovely little birds.

Lot to learn

• Great start to the month Alan. Had to smash all the water in the bird dishes this morning, brrr.

Lot to learn

• Lovely to see the GSW enjoying his pastry Alan, they are such handsome birds.

This morning, despite only having small courtyard area (no garden) I seem to have attracted Nuthatches to the feeders along with 2 Tree Sparrows again keeping the House Sparrows company;   Blue Tits, Great Tits, Starling occasionally, Wren, Robin, Blackbird.   In the trees on the main drive there are long tailed tits, carrion crows, jackdaws and this morning was a lovely surprise when from the window I could see 3 Fieldfare and, single Redwing with a Starling at the top of the tree !     I heard the distinctive Chakka Chakka sound which drew my attention to them with the aid of binoculars.  

Very distant record shots;    (left to right:    Fieldfare,  Fieldfare, Starling at top,  Fieldfare and Redwing far right bottom 

close up of the very distant Fieldfare

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• You're a veritable honey-pot of seduction to the birds Hazel :o)
  • My, you sure are getting a great number of birds in the courtyard and driveway Hazel. They must know that you have plenty of goodies for them.!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Wow that is a great selection of birds Hazy,did you leave a forwarding address by any chance:-) Lovely to see the Fieldfare and Redwing too.

Lot to learn

• Odd one out? Twos company & three's a crowd? Whatever, we were really pleased to see this one today, it's been coming to the same place every winter since 2005 (we saw it first in 2008).

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• In reply to Noisette:

Wow, what a lovely set of visitors Hazel. Yet another bird I've never seen!!
  • Lovely photo capture and wonderful to see the storks Hazel especially the returning Black Stork which is notching up the years ! well done, wish I was there lol

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again"