Add your "Odds & Sods" here thread

• Peck-your-own!

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• You mean you haven't even removed the seeds from the flower let alone extracted the hearts??? What a meanie!

Nige   Flickr

• Not only that, its a very small specimen & when its gone its gone!

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• Although I saw lots of Beardies amongst the reeds along the Causeway (20 or so) and also a Cetti's Warbler in full view - my camera had the extender on (600mm)  and it was the day I needed 200mm or even macro  lol  

The Bearded Reedlings !  are using the grit trays less these days so I found a completely different bird taking grit  !

I had no idea Reed Buntings ate grit too 

There is usually a Dunnock waiting along the path near Grisedale hide   !     unfortunately no waxworms as the postman lost his way to our rental  :(

We did see three Marsh Harriers at the far side of the Grisedale Pool but not close enough for decent pics.        Instead you get a Pintail drake  ……...

female Teal 

Glad I didn't stay in longer than 15 mins. to watch the rugby  :(      

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Wonderful photos Hazy, just love the Reed Bunting, that male is gorgeous, and hope you thanked them for standing in for the Beardies. The Dunnock is a stunner too and the Pintail and Mrs Teal are frameworthy in the lovely light.
    PS I had to watch the match, there is something about full stadiums and smiling/weepy people that gets me each time, I think the Japanese nation have made a lot of good friends with their fabulous welcome and support.

Lot to learn

• Very nice pictures Hazel, sorry to hear the post did not turn up :( 

That Dunnock next to the feeders is always there now and gets fed well to it was there when we went but was showing better the BT's :) 

Jim

My Pictures

• Rutting over on Blackamoor so nice to come across this one, in relative safety, and his 5 hinds... plus a few youngsters.