Add your "Odds & Sods" here thread

• Just to prove summer has arrived at last. 

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• One of the little owls today, first time seeing one of them in the bright sunlight. Usually they lurk in the shadows and stare at me passing. 20 months now since coming across them in the local valley and all we do is stare at each other. At some point I'd like to see some hunting action or maybe something other than the stare. I do have a picture of one of them with a bloody beak and must have been hunting behind my back but then quickly flew up to a branch to stare as I passed....

• great photos all.

Sometimes when you are just finding your feet and new to the area a spot of feather tidying can knock you right off balance and you end up with  (ahem ! )  muck on your face  !!      

(record shots of a young Avocet chick)

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• Oh dear, Hazel, I know the feeling! Not that I have feathers, of course, but...you know...

Kind regards, 

Ann

• LOL Ann !!

Regards, Hazel 

• In reply to HAZY:

Aw poor little one, I know how it must feel. I am recovering after 8 days from having the viral infection Labyrinthitis (ear), what am awful thing to have. Was all over the place, was using two sticks and in bed, flat out for 4 days. Mind you I never fell in the mud! Lovely photos Hazel.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Wandered along the river this morning and saw cygnets

with parents close by. A little further and saw grey wagtail

and on the way back saw kingfisher

Not too shabby as I wasn't going to go out! 

• Perhaps just a bit too early for The Young Of 2019 thread. :-)

My bird photos HERE

• In reply to Catlady:

Lovely photos all;

@ Catlady; really sorry to hear you've been poorly, sounded like a pretty awful ear infection so hope you are feeling much better today.

Regards, Hazel 

• Met up with Jim again and spent a lovely sunny hot day first on Leighton Moss reserve and later a trip out mid afternoon to Foulshaw Moss although that was a lot quieter for sightings than LM.

At Leighton Moss Lower Hide area I caught up with a "lifer" today although these Black Terns X 3 were too distant for decent photographs so you only get hard cropped record shots  !

This was the distance even with the 100-400mm x 1.4     

same shot cropped hard ............

Regards, Hazel