Kestrels in the Quarry 2018 ... Mr K fest continues with meal today 30th Dec!

On a technicality only the one still but am ever hopeful!

This space is reserved for when I catch up with myself enough to edit & post quite a number of visits from Mr K since the start of the new year!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• He is as wonderful as ever Gaynor!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• So very lucky to have these regular visits from Mr K ... brought another Vole today but had to fly off with it unfinished due to hassle from a Magpie!!

Mr K came back to a tree later but only stayed a nano-second ... did get a couple of pics ...

Always enthralled at the sight of him!  Hope he comes on Xmas Day!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Well at least it wasn't another bird !     poor little Vole :(        but this fine fellow has to eat just like a Sparrowhawk does.

Regards, Hazel 

• Glad to see him take his prey with him when he spotted the Magpie Wendy, wonder whether it was a vole or a young rat, the tail seemed pretty big for a vole maybe?

Lot to learn

• Brilliant photos Wendy. I hope he comes on Xmas day too, & then every day afterwards..Have a great Xmas Wendy.

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• Mr K's first visit was this morning in the brilliant sunlight ... I have uploaded this vid in real time, full length in case you need a respite from hectic celebrations!! Lol

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Nice to sit and relax with this video Wendy, it amazes me to hear the other birds chirping away in the background, I suppose they could be in your garden and far enough away from Mr K?

Lot to learn

• That was a great surprise Gaynor as I thought I had muted the sound ... I usually do as there is often too much irritating wind noise!  They are the birds, mostly Sparrows but also Starlings, Robins, BB's plus others that inhabit all the trees & shrubbery around the quarry ... I suppose I take the cacophany of their song & chatter for granted somewhat but it is good to hear them every day!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• What a treat today ... three visits ... Mr K does like the sunshine & made the most of it before the dreaded fog started to close in!

First  visit was to nest hole @ 10.26 & first time ever seeing him eating prey in there ... love the nonchalant way he holds half-eaten Rat (it looks like) on the edge whilst he looks around!

I left the sound on this one as the quarry birds sounded so joyous, especially dear little Robin!

More to follow .......

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Great to see Mr K is a regular visitor now and not starving by the looks of it !   Like the way he just pauses for a look round, nodding his head lol.         He looks so comfortable in the cosy nest hole and with the sun shining on his lovely plumage.    Playing the video but think everyone's online so the connection is slower and dragging a bit as we're still in travelodge !  must be all the kids with their new internet devices   lol       Back home tomorrow although with withdrawing all the feeders due to Avian Pox before we left on Sunday the birds may have taken up residence elsewhere ! 

Regards, Hazel