Coming soon to a Berry Bush near you.

Hi folks. I went for a wander today, looking for Ducks mainly. After a cold & breezy hour of nothing much happening I retreated to some shelter for a sandwich, and just by luck I plonked myself down in front of a Hawthorn bush. It's always a nice surprise to see Redwings but they don't really like to show themselves too easily.

A wee bit better...

Ta-daa...

Fielfares seem to be just as tricky as Redwings.!!

C'mon.. you can do better than that.!!

They do it just because they know it makes me twitchy.!!

I pretended not to look, just to see what they'd do.

Nope, I'm still not looking.!!

They pulled out the Berry shot.... just to grab my attention. It worked (although I pinged one of my braces in all the excitement), by luck I was kneeling down when this happened.!!

By the time I looked up from sorting my braces they'd pulled a switch on me.!! I'm not stupid though, I did notice......after a bit.!!

Other things seen today which were not in Berry Bushes.

Gery Heron in the Sky.

Grey Heron skulking under the trees.

A Tufted Duck.!! Hooray..!!!

A view of the general area.

My bird photos HERE

• lol,  very enjoyable thread and photos Paul, so good to welcome the winter thrushes back and how brilliant to see not only the Redwing but also the fieldfare and our own blackbird thrush.    The scenery is as stunning as the photos and looks like you had pretty decent weather with nice lighting.    Just remember ..... the only pinging you should hear is that of a Bearded tit   lol  

Regards, Hazel 

• I feel your pain Paul, why are they always on the wrong side of the bush :)

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Brilliant thread and photos Paul, I've been suffering the same recently, being on wrong side of the bush/tree/rock/beach etc. Beautiful scenery and colours, seems only a short while when the field fare/redwing left the uk.

I hate the spellchecker on IPad always thinks it knows better splitting fieldfare. But not if I use full stop, sorry rambling time to sleep.