Mostly Moths 2017

• In reply to WendyBartter:

What a good start to 2017 Hazel,  some beauties there

WendyBartter said:
    Checked on my 'Elephant' tonight, never looks anything but dead so I gently pressed his 'tummy' & he wiggled his tail!!!  Made me jump of course!

lol Wendy  !!!   

Regards, Hazel 

"Each kindness shown to birds or men is sure to flutter back again" 

• In reply to HAZY:

Even tail wiggling isn't proof of living, I tried cutting steaks once from a freshly killed Sturgeon & every time I went through the spine it flapped it's tail. I was a bag of nerves by the time I finished! LOL

Best wishes

Hazel in the Gironde estuary, France

• In reply to Noisette:

Ooooooh!  sooo glad it wasn't me H!!!

I will live in hope that he is still with us! Can't wake him up yet, too too early!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

No you just have to be patient, not my strong point! LOL

Best wishes

• In reply to Noisette:

Set up for tonight & just switched on my new 20W energy saving Blacklight bulb in laundry basket just outside front door with lead through cat door & plugged into mains!  Wonder if I'll get anything?  Gone a bit cool out there brrrrrrrr!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

well done Wendy, fingers crossed. I've put one out with 15W Blacklight so we'll have to compare notes tomorrow! It's about 12°C here now & dark in half an hour. Forecast for 1°C for the morning though.

Best wishes

• In reply to Noisette:

7° here but maintaining 5° or 6° through the night with light south westerlies!  Good luck H!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

Not too bad, it got down to 3°C & was very dewy this morning. I had 11 moths of 6 species, but not a lot different.

Best wishes

• In reply to Noisette:

Ooooh!  Look forward to seeing your pics H!

My photoshoot was nonexistent, even my lone mozzie didn't hang about to have his picture tooked!! Grrrr, was chilly & foggy!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

Twas foggy here too, & I was too lazy to take piccies, sorry! Nothing different to the last few days.

Best wishes