How was the Big Garden Birdwatch for you?

What did you see? Starlings were my star bird - two of them in fact. The buggy nibbles put out in my garden were clearly irresistible this pair - it's just a shame they didn't bring the rest of the flock that was circling round overhead (which obviously I didn't count!).

Anyway, I've picked this great image of a shiny, iridescent starling munching its way through a whole string of fat balls for today's Monday moment.

As well as the starlings, four greenfinches, a blackbird and one blue tit graced my garden - which I think is not bad for a tiny patch of grass, a few plants and a couple of well-stocked feeders.

Starling on fat balls. Photo by Ray Kennedy (www.rspb-images.com).

This is one of thousands of images available on RSPB Images - why not see if you can find an image of the birds that visited your garden this weekend? Trust me, there's some crackers.

For more on our science, check out the RSPB Centre for Conservation Science web pages.

Parents
  • I wish I had counted on Saturday when I had large numbers and varieties.  However, by Sunday the thaw had set in and there were only a couple of blue tits, four blackbirds (two pairs) and a few chaffinches during my hour.  I am having trouble identifying what might be tree sparrow but could be reed bunting.

Comment
  • I wish I had counted on Saturday when I had large numbers and varieties.  However, by Sunday the thaw had set in and there were only a couple of blue tits, four blackbirds (two pairs) and a few chaffinches during my hour.  I am having trouble identifying what might be tree sparrow but could be reed bunting.

Children
No Data