At last we have some warm sunny weather on Mull, following what has seemed like day after day of rain!  I know it has been wet in the south today but this was the scene at Loch Frisa. Loch Frisa - Photo Debby Thorne

Sadly Frisa and Skye are still taking turns at sitting on the nest.  At the moment, its just a waiting game until they decide to eventually give up on this year's nesting attempt.  Its been a huge disappointment for everyone involved in Eagle Watch.  Our huge team of volunteers both on and off the Island who have given up their own time to spend hours keeping a watchful eye and then for it to end from a force over which we have no control - Mother Nature.  But they will be back of that I have no doubt - next year, fighting fit and raring to go.  What I would like to re-iterate though is that despite no chicks this year, Skye and Frisa are not going anywhere.  Loch Frisa is their home and you can still come and see them at the Hide.  They are giving us some spectacular flying displays as only they can and just wonderful views of them basking in the warm sunshine.  I would also like to take this opportunity on behalf of Dave and myself to say a huge thank you for all your messages of support - we really appreciate it.

Apart from seeing our spectacular eagles, we also have a camera on a buzzard nest.  Our female buzzard is incubating 2 eggs and is certainly proving a hit with our visitors.  She is nearly half way through incubation and we have everything crossed for a successful hatching.  Of course there are the regulars - the sand martins, the siskins, the mergansers and divers.  A new addition to the feeder for the last week or so has been a male and female redpoll, and a male reed bunting has been clearing up the seeds from beneath the feeders.  Today I heard our first common sandpiper against the background of a cuckoo and call of curlew.  So lots to see and of course Skye and Frisa will welcome you with open wings.  Bookings for trips to the hide can be made through the Visitor Information Centre at Craignure, telephone 01680 812 556 or visit the website for details Mull Eagle Watch

Lesser Redpoll - Photo Debby Thorne

Breeding Male Lesser Redpoll- Photo Debby Thorne

News from elsewhere - the Estonian white tailed eagles have hatched - if you havent seen this webcam, I would urge you to take a look - and now more than ever with 2 newly hatched chicks on the nest - beats Coronation Street and Eastenders! Estonian Webcam

I cant leave without mentioning a certain event taking place this Thursday!  To ensure our children of the future can enjoy the sight of our spectacular eagles, and enjoy a walk through a stunning bluebell wood - please sign our Letter to the Future we must act now!

And finally, congratulations to Finlay Christine and Sacha who got married on Saturday - Finlay, as many of you will know, was our Wildlife Crime Officer on Mull until his recent retirement.  We wish them both a world of happiness and joy for their future life together.

Debby Thorne

White Tailed Eagle Information Officer, Mull

• Thanks Debby, for blog and photos.  Loch Frisa looks just beautiful.  I would love to be visiting this year, but sadly not to be.  However I continue to follow your blogs with great interest as I'm sure many others do.  I enjoyed the article, (and fantastic photos,) in "Birds" magazine, regarding the sea eagles, and also the account of David Lindo's visit to Mull. Hope you get lots of visitors to the Hide this month, it must be Mull Wildlife Week soon?  We were on Mull last year during that week, - it was great, so much to see and do, I would recommend it to anyone who can get to Mull.

• Hi Deby, thanks for the update, as you say it's sad Frisa and Skye are still sitting tight, but also agree wholeheartedly that the lack of chicks is no reason to stay away.....If anyone is still unsure - please visit, it's a special year and if you have yet to see your first 'barn door', you really don't know what you're missing. I can remember you telling us last year Debby it still takes your breath away when you see them, and I have to agree it, like Mull is addictive. We'll be back as soon as we possibly can be.

Diane & Steven x

PS glad buzzard cam didn't turn out to be Crow-cam!!!!

Diane & Steven xx

• Hi Debby you all definitely deserve our support it is the least we can do for all the information we get and all the work all of you put in to help the Eagles prosper on Mull.Await news of other nests on Mull.

• Thank you for the report, Debby.  It is really sad that there are no chicks this year and that Frisa and Sky are still waiting!  Glad to hear it has stopped raining!  We could do with some warmer weather!

• Thanks Debby. Well put and not having chicks is certainly no reason NOT to visit such a spectacular place and birds:)