• If you gotta go, go now!

(courtesy the Moody Blues I think!)

Well, I normally start with the weather and so delighted to report its been sun, sun and more sun.  We have been thoroughly spoilt on Mull for the last few weeks.  Beautiful clear blue skies and warm sunshine - almost a heatwave with the garden thermometer reaching 30.9°C - Dave wont believe it when he returns.

As usual, this is a really busy time on Mull - the English schools have…

• Why don't you stay - just a little bit longer?

Well, I can't believe I am writing this but Mull has been experiencing some real summer weather - it has been warm and sunny and many of the lochs have been like glass - hardly a breath of wind to cause even the tiniest ripple.   I have never seen so many dragonflies - the golden ringed variety and butterflies everywhere.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, we have not been able to run trips to Loch Frisa but instead…

• Breagha the beauty

In Gaelic, Breagha means 'beauty' or 'beautiful'. She was named by children from the Salen Primary School Gaelic Unit along with her brother Mara (meaning 'sea' or 'ocean'). That was back in July 2008 when Gordon Buchanan and BBC Autumnwatch helped us to fit the Loch Frisa siblings with satellite tags as part of a study into young white-tailed eagle dispersal from their nesting area. We…