Yesterday we held a thank you event for the volunteers from the Eastern region. After a short talk, we went out for two walks, one led by me and another by our ecologist Mark Gurney. This was originally planned to be a fungi foray, but with the prolonged dry conditions there is very little fungi around, although Mark found plenty of interest with invertebrates, plants and a few fungi along the way.

On my bird walk, we had a male brambling, red kite, two ravens, siskins, plenty of redwings and mistle thrushes, buzzards, treecreeper, a pair of bullfinches, meadow pipits and a grey wagtail on a small pool while outside the HQ canteen, as we had lunch.

We had a very enjoyable day and it was a pleasure to host the event to thank our volunteers!

Image credits Gill Butt

Parents
  • Thanks for such a lovely day, Mark - I really enjoyed it.  Keep your eyes peeled for some photos in the near future.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

Comment
  • Thanks for such a lovely day, Mark - I really enjoyed it.  Keep your eyes peeled for some photos in the near future.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

Children
No Data