Reserve maps

Hi everyone, I haven't been on here for a while, life getting in the way etc.  Anyway, when I plan a visit somewhere, I do like to look at maps. I am planning a trip to Strumpshaw Fen in the not too distant future and have  had a look for a map of the reserve. Am I being thick, or is there not a map on the web page ? there is a map showing the location, but not a map of the reserve itself with footpaths shown. 

Help!

Thank you

TF

Toadflax.

• No, I don't think there is a map on the web page.  You should get handed a paper map on your arrival, though.  I can really recommend a visit there - it's a beautiful reserve.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Toadflax said:

Hi everyone, I haven't been on here for a while, life getting in the way etc.  Anyway, when I plan a visit somewhere, I do like to look at maps. I am planning a trip to Strumpshaw Fen in the not too distant future and have  had a look for a map of the reserve. Am I being thick, or is there not a map on the web page ? there is a map showing the location, but not a map of the reserve itself with footpaths shown. 

Help!

Thank you

TF

Hi there,

I don't know about the reserve webpages having maps. But I've found a handbook which I ordered from the RSPB earlier last year, called RSPB WHERE TO DISCOVER NATURE IN BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND and it has articles about the majority of RSPB reserves in the UK, with a plan of each reserve and shown the hides on the reserve, although it dos'nt have all RSPB reserves as their are 215 of them in total in the UK and it costs just over £8.00 online from the RSPB shop.

There is a plan of Strumpshaw Fen with footpaths and hides and article about some of the birds and other wildlife you can find their.

Regards,

Ian.

• Oops, sorry. I am being daft, I have just found the map download button! Thanks for the information Clare and Ian, I might take a look at that book.

TF

(Embarrassed!)

Toadflax.

• Where did you find the map?  I honestly couldn't see one.

Enjoy your visit!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Hi-

Best Birdwatching sites in Norfolk by Neil Glenn produced by my old mate Dave Crombec  has details and maps of all sites in Norfolk.

A must have book for birding in the east.

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• Clare, I know, it's not easy. I don't think it's on the 'about' page, just on the first page you are directed to if you search Strumpshaw from the rspb homepage. Perhaps the Map download button should be on more pages to make it easier to find. I'm usually quite ok with finding my way around t'internet, and I was looking for it quite late last night!

TF

Toadflax.

• Hi all, the map is on the right hand side of this page under "downloads": www.rspb.org.uk/.../index.aspx

It is first page you come to when you click on the Strumpshaw link, all other reserve maps can be found in the same spot on their respective pages.

Cheers!

Ben

• Thanks Ben. I wonder if it might be worth having the map link on the 'about' page too.

TF

Toadflax.

• Thanks TF, will pass that on to the web team as a possible idea, agree with you it makes sense!