I have been taking pictures again of the South Stack flower show. June has produced some new blooms. Most of these I can't identify myself even after consulting Collins flower guide. The flowers that I have taken pictures of are by no means exhaustive of the blooms at South Stack at the moment. The pictures just give a flavour of this beautiful reserve. I suppose our hidden gem is the Spotted Rock Rose. Collins flower guide says "Very rare, Anglesey,Lleyn Peninsula,W Ireland,Channel S,(SW Eurpoe,Mediteranian.) Fls May - Aug". On this basis I would say that we are very lucky to have this flower at South Stack. I spent quite a long tome searching for it but when I eventually caught up with it , the search was certainly worth while.

Spotted Rock Rose

Waiting to open and show itself to us.

_____________________________//___________________________

I must confess that I was shown this flower whilst on a guided walk with Denise our site Warden. I also found this lovely Orchid.

Following are the remainder of my lucky finds.

I believe this above is the wild Carrot. 

Below, the Marsh Orchid.

Honeysuckle 

Red Campion 

I also found the Burnet Moth flitting about.

That is all for now; mel

Parents
  • The lovely orchid you found is a Heath spotted orchid. The burnet moth is resting on a Wild thyme flower. The 4 petalled yellow flower in the two pictures above this looks like Tormentil.

The yellow flower in the next three pictures up is Catsear and the blue flower above that is Sheepsbit.

Comment
  • The lovely orchid you found is a Heath spotted orchid. The burnet moth is resting on a Wild thyme flower. The 4 petalled yellow flower in the two pictures above this looks like Tormentil.

The yellow flower in the next three pictures up is Catsear and the blue flower above that is Sheepsbit.

Children
No Data