• Bobbing Sandpipers

The two Wood Sandpipers from the weekend did not make it to the Wednesday Walk today but have afforded excellent views since the weekend. Up to six Green Sandpipers have been feeding on the same dwindling puddle on Purfleet Scrape. 

With lots of work due over the coming months we should be hosting some more waders on their way through.

Wood Sand by Brenda Clayton

Wood Sand (Jonathan Wasse)

Green Sand (Jonathan…

• Terry's Tool

A late afternoon quiz for you...

Terry R brought in an interesting garden tool that he uncovered whilst clearing up at home. Now, I may love my gardening but I have not seen anything like it before.

It resembles something like a Dutch hoe crossed with an ankle biting  bear trap.....

Any suggestions would be greatfully received as Tel want to know if he has a 'Del Boy's watch' in his possession!

• What have you been missing??

Sorry for the absence... late nights and pc problems at home but now updating this from work on a glorious Monday afternoon.

Stuff last week...

• It was a busy first week of the sumer holidays and after visits from the police and fire brigade on Monday and Tuesday we managed to get a full suite of emergency services on Friday with an ambulance for a lady with bad asma... luckily she was ok!
    • The Kate Doubleday gig on…