20240404 - Afternoon Outing - Part 2

• Hi, I joined the Otmoor page to be able to view your picture, you have some very good images on there ... one suggestion would be to keep a dedicated thread running and upload your pics all in one place which would make for far easier viewing than creating a new page for every three ir four images as this does rather takeover the index page ... please keep posting though!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Thanks for the advice. I’m still feeling my way around the site. So may well be coming back to you as how I set things up. Slight smile Thanks for the nice comments.

• You're very welcome, please feel free to ask ... we do have dedicated threads for Butterflies, Dragon & Damselflies and insects if you want to join in!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Hi Wendy, I need a bit of education - I'd like to know what is meant by a thread in this context - and how I would set one up. I'd also like to know how to get photos in the Otmoor 'Latest Photos & Videos' section. Best wishes Dave T. I do like your Kestrel photos. I'll check out eff37 in a while.

• If you call up the main index you will find many headings usually ending 2024 which will indicate pages already started for this year on a particular subject ... e.g.

RE: Butterflies & Moths 2024 

which anyone can post pics, comment or ask questions by using the reply box under last post in the same way as you've already been doing ... if you wish to open a new thread of your own then simply think of a suitable title and post away and then carry on posting subsequent pics & comments ... all posters on this forum will be able to see any new post you make be it in an existing thread or your own dedicated one and join in ... hope this helps ... all latest posts will appear in index of threads!  Just a question of choosing the most suitable for your pics!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• Sorry can't help re latest photos etc, Otmoor is a page which doesn't have any recents posts & pics apart from yours!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr

• That’s ok. I’ll ask the wider community for advice.

Slight smile

• Hi Wendy,

I'm still feeling my way around the site. I did manage to get some photos into the Otmoor 'Latest photos & videos' but have got myself under suspicion. I believe for posting stuff with the same title -  date and am or pm. I wasn't sure on the number of photos you could add at once so I was doing them as singular posts. Instead of telling me that I shouldn't be using the same title for posts, after a while the software rejected all my posts my posts as spam or abuse. I have appealed the rejections and await replies. Anyhow, I decided to check out the main index you suggested and found that folks are making posts with as many as 19 photos so it seems I can streamline my efforts and not make as many posts - that is when I'm allowed to post again. 

Best wishes

Dave T