A lovely little reserve but dogged by ignorant dog owners.

It would have been a lovely first visit to this reserve - most of it was, but the afternoon kept being interrupted by irresponsible people wandering along with their dog(s) off leads (full marks to the lovely bloke with his dog leashed!).  The last of the dog owners Limpy spoke to accused him of being intimidating and, even worse, a pervert.  Why on earth can't people treat our countryside with more respect?

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• That's awful. A similar thing when I was out on the Stanhope Moors in County Durham on Saturday with the Newcastle Upon Tyne RSPB Group, but this time not dogs, but the rubbish that had been left by the public up on those Moors. It was an absolute shock to see all of that rubbish in such a beautiful and wild area.

Regards,

Ian.

• I remember visiting North Warren in the 1970's on a weeks holiday to Suffolk with my Father at the same week as I visited my only ever visit to Minsmere which I've mentioned before and I do remember how peaceful North Warren was way back all those years ago. We did quite a bit of touring back then on that only time I've visited Suffolk.

Regards,

Ian.