Not too much to record from the past week, mainly, it has to be said due to the dire weather we are experiencing at the moment.

Last Wednesday I took Harriet Smith and her family for a Nightingale Walk at Northward Hill. It was quite overcast and not that warm and I have to admit I struggled to find a male actually singing. Fortunately the male in the Willow by the bench near the car-park did us proud and performed beautifully, much to the delight of the Smiths.

Harriet it should be noted works for the Tourism Dept. of Medway Council as they wish to promote The Peninsula as good place to see Nightingales. Yes, I can hear all the comments Lodge Hill and Nightingales etc. Don't forget I am the RSPB Medway Local Group Campaign Manager for the opposition to Housing Development, so the irony is not lost on me. I took ther view, what didI I have to lose? As long as I am not endorsing Medway Council and in anyway seen to be assisting them in their destruction of valuable habitat, all I am doing is helping them to bring the Nightingales to a wider public and therefore garnering more public support to oppose the Councils ill conceived housing plans

Just previously we had bumped into Frank Cackett at Sweeney Viewpoint who had just seen and photographed a Little Gull on the water beyond Gordons' Hide. It was a 1st winter specimen Frank explained, diagnostic by the black-tipped tail feathers.

Tomorrow is the first of the large group Nighjtingale Walks this one being at Cliffe Pools and is fully booked with the 30 allowed by Goverment Guidelines as of the 17th of May. So fingers crossed as to the weather on the evening.