Finally February brings some rest bite from the constant winter rain, with the water levels finally starting to drop I am keeping my fingers crossed it goes down enough for the incoming waders. The sightings of the Bittern and Smew are still regularly showing up in the sightings book and thank you to Andy Paton for confirming a sighting of the drake Smew and Bittern on the 14/03/2014 via email. This footage of Kinnordy's Bittern shot by Gus Guthrie: looks like displaying behaviour (follow http://youtu.be/uqHNk9EX26s), very interesting and was seen in the large reed bed infront of the Gullery hide. It's good to see large numbers of Lapwing (200+) around the Loch with many seen on the Bog Bean mats in front of the Gullery hide. The Bog Bean mats have also been providing views of Redshank and large groups of snipe. As the breeding season is looming, I will try to update at more regular intervals and I am really looking forward to what unexpected wildlife gems Loch of Kinnordy has in store for us.