Osprey sightings 2013

France , Landes :

Wednesday, January 2nd, 2013
Marais d'Orx
(Générique) / Orx (40)
2 Ospreys (Pandion haliaetus) [Yohann Montane ]

• There is a new website for Brittany bird observations : www.faune-bretagne.org/index.php

Ospreys come under peu fréquent.

Best wishes

Hazel in Southwest France

• Hazel C said:
    new website for Brittany bird observations

Curiously I find I have been registered on this site automatically? With the other faune sites I have had to register individually.

ChloeB & Tiger's Osprey Data Site

Sat track schedule Spring 2014

LG 7 days; RW & SWT nil; LDOP varies

• 06/10 10:36  NORFOLK : Osprey, Fakenham  [S]

one nearby yesterday afternoon TG914212 (05/10)

06/10 11:27  HAMPSHIRE : Osprey, Romsey  [S]
    one flew south over Fishlake Meadows (10:30)

06/10 13:23  WATERFORD : Osprey, Dungarvan  [S]
    again over town centre early
    afternoon (12:15)

06/10 13:35  SOUTH YORKSHIRE : Osprey, Hatfield Moors  [S]
    one at Packard's
    North late morning (11:45)

06/10 13:38  HERTFORDSHIRE : Osprey, Amwell
    GPs  [S]
    one flew through late morning; also 2 Ravens

06/10 14:38  CORNWALL : Osprey, Hayle Estuary  [S]
    still this afternoon flew
    over Carnsew Pool towards estuary mouth

06/10 16:00  WEST SUSSEX : Osprey, Rustington  [S]
    one flew east along
    seafront (15:35)

06/10 17:45  CONWY : Osprey, Tal-y-bont  [S]
    one flew over late afternoon
    (17:15)

06/10 22:24  LINCOLNSHIRE : Osprey, Deeping Lakes NR  [S]
    one again at The
    Mere this evening

• jsb said:

new website for Brittany bird observations

Curiously I find I have been registered on this site automatically? With the other faune sites I have had to register individually.

[/quote]

Maybe it was linked to another site somehow. I'm registered on the sites that I contribute to, which is only 4 & it certainly didn't recognise me. 

Best wishes

• Touraine and Bretagne are linked, I tried resetting the password and both were affected.

I am using the preference and have been for some time ...... espece/lieu/date....... for those with no french.......what that does, is to sort the osprey (balbuzard pecheur) sightings into one group, by place and then by date. 15 days of sightings, for example, would become unmanageable otherwise.  Apologies to those who have already done so.

• jsb said:

Touraine and Bretagne are linked, I tried resetting the password and both were affected.

I am using the preference and have been for some time ...... espece/lieu/date....... for those with no french.......what that does, is to sort the osprey (balbuzard pecheur) sightings into one group, by place and then by date. 15 days of sightings, for example, would become unmanageable otherwise.  Apologies to those who have already done so.

For the sites with which I am registered  you can go into consultations multicritères, change the period to the last 15 days, click on balbuzard & tous les lieu dites & it lists them too. Usually I just click on either rare or peu commune & read the list. As I quite like seeing what other birds are around I don't mind this.

It's interesting that they have linked those sites. My chief moan is that I enter thousands of observations a year on faune-charente-maritime which enables me to search for old observations & have access to all the data on there. BUT this doesn't enable me to do research on  the whole network, only the individual site. You have to do a minimum of around 50 observations a month to get this special access.

Best wishes

• 07/10 12:18  KENT : Osprey, Grove Ferry NNR  [S]

one flew over Feast Hide

• jsb said:
    Touraine and Bretagne are linked, I tried resetting the password and both were affected

In a way this is quite amusing.

1. I registered for Bretange.

2. I went into Touraine and was denied access, so I asked for a new password.

3. The new password worked.

4. I went back into Bretange and was denied access, so I tried the new Touraine password and it worked.

5. Today I tried Aquitaine and was denied access, so then I tried the Touraine password, it  worked.

So maybe the October launch of the new Bretange site has included changes to the password system, to make a centralised one. It would appear that is the case.

I have tagged this post, as below.

EDIT: Ah! I have just seen this announcement. (Translated)

"Since September 20, Biolovision started to deploy the single login, on the whole of the Visionature sites (of which Faune.******* is part).   It seems that it is overall functional today thus he is time to give some information on this subject.   In the state the single login makes it possible to use same the login/password on the whole of sites VN (in France and abroad).   If you connect yourselves to a site or you were not registered (http://www.faune-bretagne.org for example), your account is then copied locally with the password of your site of reference (the site of reference is in theory the first site to which you were registered or the site or you have the most data when a site leaves the batch clearly and that it is not the first or you were registered). For the people who have already several accounts, not problems, the accounts are synchronized. More problem of account when you leave on holiday"

• French migration watch point Col d'Organbidexka:

6th October : 3 ospreys

Redoute de Lindux

6th October : 2 ospreys

• 08/10 10:28  CARLOW : Osprey, Carlow  [S]

one photographed post-fishing yesterday (07/10)

08/10 14:11  EAST YORKSHIRE : Osprey, Spurn YWT  [S]
    one flew south late
    morning (11:40)

08/10 15:58  GLOUCESTERSHIRE : Osprey, Marshfield  [S]
    juvenile in ploughed
    fields south of Shirehill Lane early morning but not since

08/10 18:24  SURREY : Osprey, Buckland  [S]
    one for 30 minutes this afternoon

08/10 18:58  CARLOW : Osprey, Borris  [S]
    one at the River Barrow
    today