Gone but not Forgotton

This is a celebration of life, for all of your fond memories - whether 'missing in action' or otherwise. I'm starting this off with my very special favorite, little 'Bravery' (chick 3 LG nest 2012).

Here he is, deciding to abandon nestoration to take a good look at his domain.......

• oh my word, how wonderful to watch laird feeding lady brought a lump to my throat for sure.  i wasnt watching last year so I have only heard the stories of how Lady wasnt very well.  Im just happy that there was a happy ending and sincerely hope that Laird is still safe and well somewhere.  thank you so much for posting the video NiteOwl. It was a pleasure to watch :)

• I am happy to share what I have found, I have watched these beautiful Ospreys in various nests around the world for 3 seasons now and they are such loyal loving creatures not only to their own family but never hurt any other inc humans... except the fish they eat, it is beyond me why people poison and shoot them, they are Amazing magnificant birds.

• Hazel b said:

The one right at the bottom of the deck with everyone except EJ

Orange VS

Interestingly Orange VS had his ring on his right leg. I never really noticed until now. I just used to groan when I saw the orange ring.

Strangely enough I was reading through all the 2008 blogs a few evenings ago - it seemed that once this handsome rogue was reduced to only one nest and one female he was a rather more effective bird!  His bodyguarding skills were particularly praised.  It was so sad that a chick died but this year has proved it can happen to the best of ospreys.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare Bailey said:
    Strangely enough I was reading through all the 2008 blogs a few evenings ago - it seemed that once this handsome rogue was reduced to only one nest and one female he was a rather more effective bird!  His bodyguarding skills were particularly praised.

I genuinely think that EJ had a soft spot for Orange VS but then time has shown that EJ rather likes whatever males turns up each year (do not mention this to Cringer....we do not want another debate on the morality of EJ).

• I can certainly appreciate EJ having a soft spot for him given the size of the fish in that beautiful picture!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Just caught up with your lovely pics and stories. A special thanks to NITEOWL for the video of Laird (7Y) feeding Lady when she was ill. Wonderful to know she went on to have lovely Lewis (Blue 44) this year. I will always be amazed at the endurance and stamina of these beautiful birds.

• Nethy was before my time so was nice to see a photo of her, I do think she is still out there somewhere though!!!

Copyright Richard Tyler

• Yes, MARY, I too appreciated the photo of Nethy not having one before.

• Does anyone else think Nethy looks like her father?

• Lovely photo of Nethy - beautiful bird.    So sad so many perished or unheard of after the hard work the parents go thru to get them to migration