Gone but not Forgotton

This is a celebration of life, for all of your fond memories - whether 'missing in action' or otherwise. I'm starting this off with my very special favorite, little 'Bravery' (chick 3 LG nest 2012).

Here he is, deciding to abandon nestoration to take a good look at his domain.......

• Unknown said:

TIGER here is the (final) picture, the one originally intended - takes time to edit lol

Aww  that is really nice thank you.

• NiteOwl said:

Please some-one add a pic of "Bynack the Bold"

Everyone expects me to post it but also a lot are fond of him, so I have not posted.

mims I am glad those video's cheered you up as they are funny and the "No-named 2010" Ospreys should be remembered also :)

Here is Bynack the Bold.. :)

[/quote]Thank you NiteOwl and have been looking for something to do justice to "Bynack The Bold" and just copied the bottom and another of Moffers. I am glad I have seen you posted. What can I say very very special to me and have been searching for ages. Tore seems to be more photogenic but these are stunning of Bynack and this is the first time I have actually looked at him. I have watched his Fledging tonight for the first time and it still makes me emotional. Bynack so special and Dulas a close second as they both pulled my heartstrings

Thank you NIteOwl :)

• When talking of osprey memories the most amazing in my view was Flag in the DPOF 2006 nests.

This is probably still my favourite incident in cam watching

See  "My Turn"

Flag is desperate for a meal and has a cunning plan

• Tiger - What a fiesty wee thing, I hope it went on to fledge!

• Starling said:

Tiger - What a fiesty wee thing, I hope it went on to fledge!

Yes Flag did go on to fledge on August 3 2006   a full 66 days after hatching. there is a video of his fledging if you are interested.

There were 40 days of trauma.

• Starling said:

Yes Tiger I am, where can I find it?

The videos of  season 2006    are   here.

The one you want is near the bottom is called "Third Fledge" and is fascinating in that Flag goes to fledge and then changes his mind and lets off a rocket first before flying away.

• Thank you Tiger, but for some reason I can't watch it, I have tried 3 times, I have sound but the picture freezes at 13 seconds, then only sound :(  I'll try again later, maybe coz my son is playing xbox.

• Here's my award for Tiger :o) You know that I like lepidoptera too!