EJ

I have always felt that we should have a thread for EJ as well as Odin.

My countdown clock says that we might expect her to swoop into Loch Garten 76 days from now. I hjope it has warmed up by then.

• To bump EJ up the threads again, (she was way down on Page 5), I have included this excellent video by Moffer of EJ bringing in a big stick and faffing about with it, which includes some great close up shots of her.

• Has EJ saved this nest with her fishing this year? She now seems to be bringing in fish on a regular basis. Is anyone doing a count of just how many?

• Perthshire nest tree from which EJ fledged. Ringed 14 July 1997  Courtesy of Keith Brockie, who did the ringing

• EJ has been very variable in her migration dates but in more recent years she has been  late August sort of girl.

2003   5th August

2004   31st July (she left the nest before 3rd chick had fledged) (Possible sighting on 6th August) and last seen on  August 10

2005   18th August

2006   20th August

2007   19th August

2008   14th August

2009    27th August

2010    21st August

2011    19th August

2012    ???????? 

• Thanks for the reminder TIGER.  EJ has upped her fish delivery recently, 26/7 x2, 27/27x3, 28/7x2, 29/7x2, 30/7x4, 31/7x4 and is presumably upping her own intact in preparation for her migration.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Courtesy of  Photographer Peter Cairns - what a stunning photograph    Is it OK for me to put this here please?

• Unknown said:

Courtesy of  Photographer Peter Cairns - what a stunning photograph    Is it OK for me to put this here please?

I hope so - Clare has that picture on her computer desktop at work!

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here