LG Osprey GABFEST - November

October has come and gone and once again it is time to open a new thread for the Gabfest..

During October we did finish the movie WILD MOUNTAIN THYME, complete with musical score, as planned. We launched it into distribution with its own World Premier. The Stars and most of the Supporting Cast were there appropriately dressed for their glitzy walk down the red carpet. Unfortunately co-stars EJ & ODEN and family were unable to attend as they are all currently on migration to Africa.

Keith surprised us with some very interesting bird & wildlife reports direct from the Sahara Dessert and from his own equatorial Island in the Sun. His on-the-spot factual reports helped us to understand the dangers our osprey face once they complete their long hazardous journey.

Our first music night was a smashing success that left everyone eager for the second.

Then we ended the month with a wonderfully thoughtful and caring discussion of the benefits or possible harm of the tracking of osprey and other birds.

NOVEMBER will bring continued reports and DISCUSSIONS of our own “Special Three“, Tore, Bynack and Rothes who have arrived safely in Africa. We will be watching especially for news of Bynack who has been in an area that seems to be potentially dangerous. We will be watching also for updates of young Ozwold who was VERY reluctant to leave Bonnie Scotland, but is finally taking a stopover in Spain where Roy Dennis says he can safely winter. So, will Ozwold stay in Spain? or will he move south?, on his own unique time schedule? We will also be following the adventures and misadventures of other tagged osprey, including Einion who had us holding our breath while he made a huge circle over the Atlantic, his siblings from the Dyfi nest and others that may come to our attention.  All this and much more is discussed on the Gabfest.

We expect to have The Second Gabfest Music Night toward the end of the month. The theme is yet to be discussed & determined.

This is the Freedom Forum, where fun, fact and fantasy combine to make a very unique thread. So come on in and chat a while with us. Our fire is bright and the latch is always open.

• Christmas is coming all the terrible Albums are coming out for Christmas now and the day anyone ever buys me one I will be angry.  I used to buy my Mother them though lol.

• Thanks B&B.. but I think Keith, June, Sunshine, Lowry, Lmac, Lemac, and all have plenty to say.. not to mention all the other posters and those that lurk...

Agreed though, Oswald has been quiet, hope he's doing ok

All for one and one for all.

• Yes agree, we all do our share lol.  

I always seem to miss everything during the day. I could sign in but not a good idea.  I did some work at home last night and forgot to take it in with me this morning and had to apologise for not hitting a deadline lol.

• OOPS... lol B&B.

• I don't really think I'd beat you as all time talker.. B&B...lol

• Think i'll be a lurker,more fun reading the posts.

• No way....lol

If you have something to say, get it on here...

I love hearing all that folk have to say.

You'll never ever out post B&B... she posts, says goodnight, then boomerangs back.. posts again... regularly.. it's brilliant.

• Evening All

My word you have all been busy on here today,

it took me ages to catch up on all the posts,

Keith is obviously feeling much better & getting back to his ol' self,

i chuckled at his post about America,

B&B i know what you mean about those dreadful Christmas albums

When i had my own business we used to have Xmas music on all day in the shop,

OOOOhhhh  it used to drive me nuts,

I went for a walk (after work today) to see the Starling roost, it was brilliant,

trouble is i did'nt know if i should stand & watch the spectacle or if i should miss some of it & take photo's, well i did take a few & if there are any decent ones there i will share them,

there is also a rook roost about a mile from where i was today, last year they had between 80.000 & 100.000 rooks there, i would say by the noise i heard today there must be that many there again this year, so that will be my next trip out, i'll go & have a look at the rookery.

• Think we should have the song my boomerang won't come back, just for B&B

• lowry don't you dare be a lurker, I tried to pm you but got lost in space before I finished lol.

I will never boomerang again "honestly" but I can always move the goal post to say some of you put temptation in my way. "SO DO NOT" I know Sunshine never would.

Keith I do hope you are getting better day by day and hope you are here for the music night and sooner.

June thanks for the message about my Grandad's Elephant, it used to sit on his fireplace with a smaller but more striking one. The Big Elephant looks so real and maybe that is stupid but it is not cute. I understand what I am saying. I used to say Dad and baby Elephant when I was a child. I love that Elephant.

I have tried to go back to that thread but it is a big world out in the RSPB community and I do enjoy reading posts. I now need to find the "POT PLANT OWL" webcam.