LG Osprey GABFEST - November

October has come and gone and once again it is time to open a new thread for the Gabfest..

During October we did finish the movie WILD MOUNTAIN THYME, complete with musical score, as planned. We launched it into distribution with its own World Premier. The Stars and most of the Supporting Cast were there appropriately dressed for their glitzy walk down the red carpet. Unfortunately co-stars EJ & ODEN and family were unable to attend as they are all currently on migration to Africa.

Keith surprised us with some very interesting bird & wildlife reports direct from the Sahara Dessert and from his own equatorial Island in the Sun. His on-the-spot factual reports helped us to understand the dangers our osprey face once they complete their long hazardous journey.

Our first music night was a smashing success that left everyone eager for the second.

Then we ended the month with a wonderfully thoughtful and caring discussion of the benefits or possible harm of the tracking of osprey and other birds.

NOVEMBER will bring continued reports and DISCUSSIONS of our own “Special Three“, Tore, Bynack and Rothes who have arrived safely in Africa. We will be watching especially for news of Bynack who has been in an area that seems to be potentially dangerous. We will be watching also for updates of young Ozwold who was VERY reluctant to leave Bonnie Scotland, but is finally taking a stopover in Spain where Roy Dennis says he can safely winter. So, will Ozwold stay in Spain? or will he move south?, on his own unique time schedule? We will also be following the adventures and misadventures of other tagged osprey, including Einion who had us holding our breath while he made a huge circle over the Atlantic, his siblings from the Dyfi nest and others that may come to our attention.  All this and much more is discussed on the Gabfest.

We expect to have The Second Gabfest Music Night toward the end of the month. The theme is yet to be discussed & determined.

This is the Freedom Forum, where fun, fact and fantasy combine to make a very unique thread. So come on in and chat a while with us. Our fire is bright and the latch is always open.

• Evening all...

great to see that the LG three are doing well.

What a day here... rain rain rain..

All for one and one for all.

• Hi Black Jag as you can see it has been unusually slow this evening.  Even with a favorable update for Bynack, Tore & Rothes, there is litle c omment.  

It's raining here too and at 4:20 looks like an early dusk.  It's usually dark here about 6:00, looks like it will be ealier tonight.  Maybe everybody has rainy day blues.  

• It is a quiet evening/afternoon June.

Have we heard from Keith since his Supper dance at the weekend?

I hope all is good.

B&B and Mary GK have been posting some great tips about places to visit and Mary GK those are great images.

• Yes, I have enjoyed their comments and photos very much.  We have some excellent photographers on this thread: you, the professional, and Keith and MaryGK and sorry if I have missed any.  Looking back over the month I enjoyed again the beauty of your silver gray bird.  Lovely photograph.

Keith has commented on other threads this evening, so it would seem his absence is due to something other than a sudden relaps.  As you say I trust all is well.  Also, I'm missing B&B.  November has been a very busy month, maybe we all just need to catch our breath a little and regroup for December.  I will be starting a new thread very soon..  

• June/Black jag wonderful news on the LG three and Bynack the bold is having a wander and maybe looking for somewhere to stay also. I am not sure where he is and if it will dry up but no doubt one of the experts might oblige and really it would be so much appreciated. Tore seems settled and fantasic news. It is Bynack and Dulas that I am worrying about and they are all doing brilliantly :)

Wonderful news that they are all ok.

• Yes June, a busy month.

Wondeful chat, some really funny and happy times some quite sad.

We've hit almost 1400 posts and we still have St.Andrews day to go.

Hi B&B, like you I'm really pleased about the news of our three musketeers..lol

• I must hear about St Andrews day.  That one is entirely new to me.  I really don't think I've ever heard of it.

• June, I am missing Keith a lot and hope he comes back soon, his humour and his knowledge are wonderful. He keeps me in check and never judges me lol :)

Come back soon we all miss you very much.

Seriously it has only been a few days June but not the same without Keith.

Keith you had better come back soon as you pointed me in the direction of the Aberfoyle nest and you said to me "i KNOW YOU LIKE HIGH DRAMA" well you was right about that nest but did not expect it so much! Oh I shed tears the day the female was just looking at the eggs the day they were due to hatch. Seriously I was going to visit that day which made it even more sad.

edit. Keith you said if a sucessful next year next year you would visit and I hope so and a highly fought after nest

Oh I have to keep changing my mistakes as get carried away lol

• Well June...The countries that make up the UK each have a Patron Saint.

England has St.George on 23 April, Ireland has St.Patrick on 17 March, Wales has St.David on 1st March.

Scotland has St.Andrew on 30th November.

It's not really celebrated, I think it should be, so it's a special day in my diary.

St. Andrew was one of Christ's twelve apostles. Some of his bones are said to have been brought to what is now St. Andrews in Fife during the 4th century. Since medieval times the X-shaped saltire cross upon which St. Andrew was supposedly crucified has been the Scottish national symbol.

• hi folks been out all day birding at BEMPTON CLIFFS  .. our target bird was a DESERT WHEATEAR . and yes we got it . a stunning bird.

BJ i thougt today i wonder if BJ when he over indulges in the MALT is he as ELTON JOHN sings !!!! I'M STILL STANDING .

next weekend in the UK a film starring STEVE MARTIN , JACK BLACK  and OWEN WILSON called !!THE BIG YEAR!! is released ,, with those three in it ,  it will be a comedy .. but i uinderstand it is about bird watching.. JUNE  are you a film buff. i dont know if it is showing in the US