LG Osprey GABFEST - November

October has come and gone and once again it is time to open a new thread for the Gabfest..

During October we did finish the movie WILD MOUNTAIN THYME, complete with musical score, as planned. We launched it into distribution with its own World Premier. The Stars and most of the Supporting Cast were there appropriately dressed for their glitzy walk down the red carpet. Unfortunately co-stars EJ & ODEN and family were unable to attend as they are all currently on migration to Africa.

Keith surprised us with some very interesting bird & wildlife reports direct from the Sahara Dessert and from his own equatorial Island in the Sun. His on-the-spot factual reports helped us to understand the dangers our osprey face once they complete their long hazardous journey.

Our first music night was a smashing success that left everyone eager for the second.

Then we ended the month with a wonderfully thoughtful and caring discussion of the benefits or possible harm of the tracking of osprey and other birds.

NOVEMBER will bring continued reports and DISCUSSIONS of our own “Special Three“, Tore, Bynack and Rothes who have arrived safely in Africa. We will be watching especially for news of Bynack who has been in an area that seems to be potentially dangerous. We will be watching also for updates of young Ozwold who was VERY reluctant to leave Bonnie Scotland, but is finally taking a stopover in Spain where Roy Dennis says he can safely winter. So, will Ozwold stay in Spain? or will he move south?, on his own unique time schedule? We will also be following the adventures and misadventures of other tagged osprey, including Einion who had us holding our breath while he made a huge circle over the Atlantic, his siblings from the Dyfi nest and others that may come to our attention.  All this and much more is discussed on the Gabfest.

We expect to have The Second Gabfest Music Night toward the end of the month. The theme is yet to be discussed & determined.

This is the Freedom Forum, where fun, fact and fantasy combine to make a very unique thread. So come on in and chat a while with us. Our fire is bright and the latch is always open.

• Mary GK the photo's are wonderful and I never stayed at that campsite on Skye and so disappointed missed it and we drove round the whole island.  

Yesterday was a good day on the Gabfest with all the lovely photo's and I thoroughly enjoyed it all of you :)

• sugar thanks for the post from Roy Dennis on Dyfi and really good of him to write on their blog and very interesting to read.

• deleted as do not want a debate on here.

• sunshine said:

Mary GK -- the photoa are great i remember easter 2006 parked on the lay-by at the side of LOCH DROMA..- if you look at the photo you can see an island in the middle of the loch .

Hi Sunshine

Have never seen black throated divers on Loch Droma before, but we did see them in Gruinard Bay in Wester Ross this year.    Great idea with the raft to keep the nests from getting flooded.

• Unknown said:

Mary GK the photo's are wonderful and I never stayed at that campsite on Skye and so disappointed missed it and we drove round the whole island.  

Yesterday was a good day on the Gabfest with all the lovely photo's and I thoroughly enjoyed it all of you :)

B&B ~  The photo of that campsite is at Gruinard Bay in Wester Ross on the Mainland, not on Skye.    I believe there is a new C&C.Club site opened up north of Portree on Skye but havent tried it out.

• Hi Mary GK, such a lovely coastline Wester Ross and something different round every bend.

Wester Ross was my first holiday in Scotland and and it will always be special to me.

We did the climb to Applecross on that holiday in an E-reg Bambi, Jims son called it "Spikey" from being a child. It huffed and puffed but it made it and what a scary road that is and not for the faint hearted lol. I have talked about it with Sunshine which seems a long time ago now. The day before was glorious but when we did it, it was a misty day and I would love to do it again on a better day.  Really weird up in the clouds and it was freezing and cold at the top.

The funniest moment was I did not live here then and it wast the end of August and came with a denim jacket and was told what are you thinking of you are in the Highlands and I did have to buy a warm Anorak lol.

• Good evening everybody, I'm finally on osprey winter schedule - time off.  Just stopped by to say Hi.  Will check in to enjoy your travels as I get a chance.  Bye for this evening.

• Mary GK you are right the C&CC have taken over a previous campsite on Skye but I did not stay there.

I have stayed at Bunree and a lovely site that is but I do prefer the C&CC as some of the

CC sites to me are too snobby and not as friendly.

I was refering to is this is it a caravan site or just caravans viewing :) Yes it does look wonderful.

"Black Jaguar ~ Here is a view of the Cuillins from Elgol in Skye, well worth the journey"

It does look wonderful :)

• Good evening Mary GK, B&B, and all

You are both putting places on to my wish to visit list... I'd planned the south of France for the summer, my leave is at tour de france time this year..

But now well I'm not so sure.

All for one and one for all.

• June I know what you are saying and I should and maybe you and I need a rest as spring will be on us soon and hope to see you soon friend.

I am going to bed and thanks all and especially Mary GK such wonderful photo's :)

Night night all and roll on Spring the best time of the year