LG Osprey GABFEST - November

October has come and gone and once again it is time to open a new thread for the Gabfest..

During October we did finish the movie WILD MOUNTAIN THYME, complete with musical score, as planned. We launched it into distribution with its own World Premier. The Stars and most of the Supporting Cast were there appropriately dressed for their glitzy walk down the red carpet. Unfortunately co-stars EJ & ODEN and family were unable to attend as they are all currently on migration to Africa.

Keith surprised us with some very interesting bird & wildlife reports direct from the Sahara Dessert and from his own equatorial Island in the Sun. His on-the-spot factual reports helped us to understand the dangers our osprey face once they complete their long hazardous journey.

Our first music night was a smashing success that left everyone eager for the second.

Then we ended the month with a wonderfully thoughtful and caring discussion of the benefits or possible harm of the tracking of osprey and other birds.

NOVEMBER will bring continued reports and DISCUSSIONS of our own “Special Three“, Tore, Bynack and Rothes who have arrived safely in Africa. We will be watching especially for news of Bynack who has been in an area that seems to be potentially dangerous. We will be watching also for updates of young Ozwold who was VERY reluctant to leave Bonnie Scotland, but is finally taking a stopover in Spain where Roy Dennis says he can safely winter. So, will Ozwold stay in Spain? or will he move south?, on his own unique time schedule? We will also be following the adventures and misadventures of other tagged osprey, including Einion who had us holding our breath while he made a huge circle over the Atlantic, his siblings from the Dyfi nest and others that may come to our attention.  All this and much more is discussed on the Gabfest.

We expect to have The Second Gabfest Music Night toward the end of the month. The theme is yet to be discussed & determined.

This is the Freedom Forum, where fun, fact and fantasy combine to make a very unique thread. So come on in and chat a while with us. Our fire is bright and the latch is always open.

• BRIGHT & BREEZY    ---  ENGLAND 1 SPAIN 0

• Yes SUNSHINE a good result and a confidence boost.

• Not sure why Dyfi have not updated they said they would be this morning but I cant find anything later than the 9th Nov on GE :-(

As for the football you can guess what the papers will be saying tomorrow morning "ENGLAND ARE GOING TO WIN THE WORLD CUP" lol.

A very old Shropshire Lad.

• ChriS, the suspense is driving me mad about Einion but it cannot be bad news but desperate to find out where he is.

Yes I know the media will be saying again "ENGLAND ARE GOING TO WIN THE EUROPEAN CUP" tomorrow.

Last year they were planning the winning party before a ball had even been kicked.  I say  the media should leave them alone to play football and not put the pressure of expecting them to win. I say the media put so much pressure on that it spoils any chance of doing well. To qualify is an achievement in itself.

• GE has been updated and Einion has been exploring and ranging further but still found his way back to Somone.

• Alan thank you very much for the info on Einion, I was not worried but was under the impression he had moved away. The anticipation was driving me mad. Thanks again.

• Hello Fellow Gabfest Friends - First I must Thank All for the Kind Wishes you have posted whilst I was in hospital last week. Although I never posted  I was always looking in as I had internet access and all the wishes and other blogs put a smile on my space - what a difference you can now go in hospital and still be in touch with the press of a button.

I must thank B & B for relaying my thanks as I kept in touch and posting on my whereabouts and progress. (Thank You)

As I was persistent in getting out yesterday the doctor finally allowed me out in the evening after a YES/NO/YES/NO all day.

He was funny and put on my records I had developed WHITE COAT SYNDROM - it only occurs in men. He told me that my blood pressure was high when I waas in the presence of the nurses and normally is a sign of men getting better and is a classic symptom. I still do not know if he was serious as he wrote it on my discharge notes.

The district nurse will call in each day morning and night for the next few days to look after my dressings etc.

• The nurse was very early tonight around 1900 as she wanted to knock off - this is my advantage - Susan opened a bottle of White Semillon Sauvignon (Bordeaux) - did not want to put it out until the nurse had been. Accompanying this we are having roast chestnuts with sliced Phillipine Dried Mango. Last week I should have been training some Phillipine Staff who came over to our factory and work out in Equatorial Guinea so they managed to visit me in hospital and gave me bags of the sliced mango - but susan took them all home.

I think I may bring these for all to sample at music night next week.

• Keith good to see you back here,hope you are feeling better now,yes B&B  has been very good at keeping us informed of your progress.

Hope you will be getting some songs sorted for next Saturday's music night.

• Hi Keith and welcome back and you should be resting. Ok men will be men and really laughing and are you serious about the white coat syndrome and the presence of nurses gives you high blood pressure and it was written in your notes. Maybe best you are back home?? lol

So pleased you are back home and get some rest until next weekend.

Lowry Hi to you and June, Pale male what beautiful birds Redwing Hawks are and I am fascinated.  I saw a video and a young child was saying where is Pale Male and the mother said he is up there and on was on some kind of chimney. He does choose a posh location and on the balconies of Fifth Avenue. Wonderful