LG Osprey GABFEST - November

October has come and gone and once again it is time to open a new thread for the Gabfest..

During October we did finish the movie WILD MOUNTAIN THYME, complete with musical score, as planned. We launched it into distribution with its own World Premier. The Stars and most of the Supporting Cast were there appropriately dressed for their glitzy walk down the red carpet. Unfortunately co-stars EJ & ODEN and family were unable to attend as they are all currently on migration to Africa.

Keith surprised us with some very interesting bird & wildlife reports direct from the Sahara Dessert and from his own equatorial Island in the Sun. His on-the-spot factual reports helped us to understand the dangers our osprey face once they complete their long hazardous journey.

Our first music night was a smashing success that left everyone eager for the second.

Then we ended the month with a wonderfully thoughtful and caring discussion of the benefits or possible harm of the tracking of osprey and other birds.

NOVEMBER will bring continued reports and DISCUSSIONS of our own “Special Three“, Tore, Bynack and Rothes who have arrived safely in Africa. We will be watching especially for news of Bynack who has been in an area that seems to be potentially dangerous. We will be watching also for updates of young Ozwold who was VERY reluctant to leave Bonnie Scotland, but is finally taking a stopover in Spain where Roy Dennis says he can safely winter. So, will Ozwold stay in Spain? or will he move south?, on his own unique time schedule? We will also be following the adventures and misadventures of other tagged osprey, including Einion who had us holding our breath while he made a huge circle over the Atlantic, his siblings from the Dyfi nest and others that may come to our attention.  All this and much more is discussed on the Gabfest.

We expect to have The Second Gabfest Music Night toward the end of the month. The theme is yet to be discussed & determined.

This is the Freedom Forum, where fun, fact and fantasy combine to make a very unique thread. So come on in and chat a while with us. Our fire is bright and the latch is always open.

• Morning all,

A wee catch up after night shift and before I head off to sleep..

Good that you're home Keith, now take it easy, no waxwing chasing!!

Not seen autumn watch yet but by all accounts it's dissapointing for us with "Ospreyitis"

Well just a flying visit, maybe look in later when I'm more awake..

Good night all, or what ever it is... :-?

All for one and one for all.

• Good to hear that Keith is home,hope he is back here with us soon.

• Hello again everyone.

June what are you doing up in the middle of the night.. at least I have an excusse..

I can't believe that's over three hours sleep... seems like a blink.

Looks like a nice day, I think I'll go down to the Rock and watch the Mighty Sons take on East Fife...(that's scoccer)

It starts at 3pm so I can maybe see autmnwatch before  go.

All for one and one for all.

• 9:08 am Ohio time; 2:o8 aftenoon UK time.  Now I'm up for the day, ready to get my cuppa coffee-chocolate & start a search for any excitement in the osprey world while I finish waking up.  

Good morning/afternoon everybody. Enjoy the soccer game, BLACK JAG.  Hope your favorite wins, if you have a favorite.

• Morning Lowry, see you dropped in earlier.  Just as I suspected, Nothing at all on any of my osprey radar screens and there are chores aplenty ganged up on me here, so up & at'em, girl, up & at'em.  Will check in from time to time.

• Hi June,now don't go mad with the chores.

• HI JUNE  -- just got home from seeing an american bird-- an AMERICAN WIGEON (anas americana )it was on a lake about ten mileS from me.. great views

LOWRY i think you may know of the place .. WINTESET RES  and ANGLERS COUNTRY PARK... now getting ready to watck ENGLAND vs SPAIN  (at soccer JUNE)

BJ is the ROCK named after that great rock you pass on the way from the great western road to LOCH LOMAND..

• Sunshine, I googled your bird and found a cute little duck with irredescent green on its head.  The map shows they are not common here in southern Ohio, but not unknown, either.  Don't know that I have ever seen one.  Thanks for pointing him out

Black Jag is watching Mighty Sons vs East Fife at The Rock (a local stadium? - does one watch soccer in stadiums?). and Sunshine is watching England VS Spain - on TV? oops the telly?   And here in cincinnati probably a great many people are watching or will be watching football - REAL football, that is, where they hardly ever  touch the ball with the foot and NEVER with the head - if they can help it.  Just now there seems to be a lot of College football scheduled on TV.    I think the CINCINNATI BENGALS, NFL Pro team, have a home game sometime this weekend.

As for me, I've better things to do.  The laundry is coming along nicely, thank you, Lowry.

• Hi Sunshine,yes I know Wintersett but not been there for a long while just looked the bird up in my book.

Hope you are enjoying the football (hubby turned it off)

June is the laundry pile getting smaller.

• Hi all, I read this morning on Dyfi Dulas is in the same place but Einion? as got itchy feet.

It is driving me mad, does anyone know where he is.  I have tried GE but useless with it.

Sunshine I am watching football but on my laptop as STV have put Nicholas Nickleby on instead.

Hi all probably back later :)