LG Osprey GABFEST - November

October has come and gone and once again it is time to open a new thread for the Gabfest..

During October we did finish the movie WILD MOUNTAIN THYME, complete with musical score, as planned. We launched it into distribution with its own World Premier. The Stars and most of the Supporting Cast were there appropriately dressed for their glitzy walk down the red carpet. Unfortunately co-stars EJ & ODEN and family were unable to attend as they are all currently on migration to Africa.

Keith surprised us with some very interesting bird & wildlife reports direct from the Sahara Dessert and from his own equatorial Island in the Sun. His on-the-spot factual reports helped us to understand the dangers our osprey face once they complete their long hazardous journey.

Our first music night was a smashing success that left everyone eager for the second.

Then we ended the month with a wonderfully thoughtful and caring discussion of the benefits or possible harm of the tracking of osprey and other birds.

NOVEMBER will bring continued reports and DISCUSSIONS of our own “Special Three“, Tore, Bynack and Rothes who have arrived safely in Africa. We will be watching especially for news of Bynack who has been in an area that seems to be potentially dangerous. We will be watching also for updates of young Ozwold who was VERY reluctant to leave Bonnie Scotland, but is finally taking a stopover in Spain where Roy Dennis says he can safely winter. So, will Ozwold stay in Spain? or will he move south?, on his own unique time schedule? We will also be following the adventures and misadventures of other tagged osprey, including Einion who had us holding our breath while he made a huge circle over the Atlantic, his siblings from the Dyfi nest and others that may come to our attention.  All this and much more is discussed on the Gabfest.

We expect to have The Second Gabfest Music Night toward the end of the month. The theme is yet to be discussed & determined.

This is the Freedom Forum, where fun, fact and fantasy combine to make a very unique thread. So come on in and chat a while with us. Our fire is bright and the latch is always open.

• Hi everyone

This looks like a nice place to spend the winter.

June

When you wrote that    " our fire is bright and the latch is always open",        i instantly thought, how nice and friendly.

Please listen to the lyrics of this song - it could have been written for you and your Gabfest.   Go to google and type in

Our House Is a Home Daniel O Donnell             Hope you enjoy x

• June thank you for starting the November Gabfest on time as Sunshine asked.

Once again always a lovely opening to read.

Aberdeen I have listened to the song you have posted and absolutely right does fit exactly for the Gabfest.

• Hello All

I'm just reading back at last nights debate, very interesting, i'm in the B&B camp, sitting on the fence, i was dead against any form on tagging or tracking but following the ospreys on GE has added a whole new dimension to my enjoyment of these wonderful birds, i don't like to see those harnesses on the birds, if only there was some other way to track them!!!, I was hoping to join in last night but i was busy, i am in the middle of icing a wedding cake, so as ive just had my cup of tea & caught up i had better go & do a bit more icing,  catch you all later ,

• JUNE, what a great opening post.  I'm just popping in to say that I've had to eschew the chat threads because I've got too miuch on my plate (it doesn't take much, to be brutally honest) so I'm sticking to the tracking ones and PPO (which reminds me, I owe it a visit).

Am so glad to hear that your musical was a roaring success, it's lovely to see that you brought pleasure to so many of us.

xx

IMAGICAT

• Unknown said:

So come on in and chat a while with us. Our fire is bright and the latch is always open.

June what a lovely welcome......

It reminds me of when I was wee and Hogmonay (New Year) in Scotland was just that, the celebrations lasted days, it was open house and it seemed like the whole village visited, my Mam would clean the house from top to bottom, have copious amounts of food and drink available, including Clootie Dumpling and Black Bun (what happened to that you hardly see it now).   Sadly where I live that doesnt happen now.    Oh for the good old days, I must be getting old ha ha....

• Hi Sugar and nice to see you again and sure the wedding cake will look wonderful once the icing is finished.  I once tried to ice a cake and the icing was so hard it would have broken your teeth, I was only a child at the time lol.

scylla you take care and the PPO cam is charming.

MaryGK, So true June as always a lovely opening and she has a wonderful way with words and paints a lovely picture.

I have only been in Scotland for just over 5 years and heard the stories about Hogmonay and as you say, I have never seen the special days you are talking about.

• Good afternoon, everyone.  

Thanks for all your lovely encouraging words.  I was hesitant to cut the thread last night  because of the discussion taking place.  I just enjoyed it without taking part because certainly I had no knowledge of a technical nature to add and very little in the way of opinion.  I just more or less pretty much agreed with what most people were expressing.

I was VERY disappointed this morning to find that the discussion had moved to other threads.

Aberdeen, what a lovely name.  It is the name of a small town here in Ohio about half way between where I grew up and where I live now.  When I saw it on the map of Scotland I immediately related & have checked it out on GE.  It is a lovely place. I listened to the song you suggested.  Very nice! Thanks for pointing the way to it.

• Scylla, what a pity you are here to say goodbye instead of Hello. We enjoy hearing from you. Be sure to drop back in whenever you can find the time.

• Hi, Mary GK.  I( seems that your family made a "Big Deal" of Hogmonay just as ours always did of Thanksgiving. I would be interested in knowing more about what Clooty Dumpling and Black Bun might be, if you would care to enlighten me. Sounds like you all had a "delicious" time!

• Hello Aberdeen and welcome to the Gabfest. With a name like this you must stay near to where I live at Inverurie. This is between Forres and Aberdeen and is a bit Trickey to find. However once you get to it you would be in for a Treat or 2.