The Osprey Chat Thread for September 2011

In response to the demand for an osprey chat thread I am now making one for September 2011.  I guess there will be quite a bit to chat about given the success of the extension thread.

• Hi ladybird

and thank you.PPO gave my wife and I so much pleasure last year I just had to share it.

Dogs have owners,Cats have staff.

• Morning Graham. Glad to see you again.

• I am trying to check out te current position with regard to the Roy Dennis book from 1973.

• Lynette D said:

Just did a post, pressed a wrong key and lost the lot.

Nice to see that "our" ospreys are making good progress and that Einion has made it to dry land.

Priceless pic of osprey in America and blue teddy.

Talking of books, received my copy of "Ospreys and Speyside Wildlife" yesterday. Apparently it is only a booklet but I was charged what I now think was an exorbitant price, that of £15.29. Told the supplier and Alibris books what I thought and certainly won't be doing it through them again.  Had my moan, time to shut up.

Keeping "Lady of the Loch" and the one I received yesterday for holiday reading when I go to Lanzorote at the end of the month.  Good reading by the pool.

I think you will really enjoy Lady of the Loch  I think its beautifully written and in between the story of Lady herself there is loads of information.

I "cottoned on " to "her site really late just shortly before she left and not sure that I was looking at her or her partner so, seelfishly, I REALLY hope she comes again next year so that I can see her for sure What a tenacious lady

• Hazel b said:

Just looking at the Rutland update and 09 must be one of this year's chicks , am I right.

No not at all  9 is really  9 (98) an osprey that came to Rutland in 1998. He has never found a partner until now. I am not sure but I think he has paired up with the widow 5N (04).

[/quote]Are Rutland Water ossies different ones to the Manton ones? Confused!!!!

• patily   Manton bay is part of Rutland.

• Hazel b said:

moffer  You got plenty to be going on with then. Actually because of all talk about book I fished out  OSPREYS A natural and UNNATURAL HISTORY by Alan F. Poole.  I had heard of this book for a long time and somone kindly bought it for me as a gift some time ago. Now is the first time I get to look at it properly.

When you have read it TIGER please could you give us your expert opinion of it The author of Lady of the Loch cites it

• I am looking in regularly too She might not be an osprey but she is a bird of prey

Hi ladybird

and thank you.PPO gave my wife and I so much please last year I just had to share it.

• Hazel b said:

patily   Manton bay is part of Rutland.

Thanks TIGER and what a quick response

Is it alright to ask here whether you got my reply to your very welcome PM/

• Patily Sorry I did not get any PM from you.