Daily Update (LG Nest) Sunday, 21st August 2011

So the season extends by yet another day. One wonders if Bynack or Odin will fly away today. The only way to find out is to follow the thread.

There were 316 posts made yesterday.

How long will we have to wonder where Tore is? Is she in France? Is she heading for the sturgeon farm?

• Morning all and thanks to EVERYBODY for info pics post tips and info the chabang

Have had major problems this morning so hope all iis OK now

For our sakes as well as Bynack's I hope we don't have a day like yesterday

Wouldn't it be great if he tries fishing again and is successful.......better still if he heads south,although according to info provided by Keith he's leaving it a bit late for that. At least we know Odin is still here keeping an eye on him

• I just saw Bynack fly past the nest. The first few seconds of this is his grown up voice :o)

I hope Scylla has the full length version.

• Unknown said:

Tiger, please can you say what happened to the injured peregrine from the Netherlands?

Daisy Ray S2's wing was operated on successfully and apparently she is doing well. However, in her absence, another female peregrine has moved in on her territory. Poetic justice I suppose, if you look at it that way, as S2 originally killed Ma, Pa's mate, to get where she was. It's a tough old world out there.

Here are all the updates on Birdforum

• Can anybody answer this that I asked the other day, please?

Will the tracking devices on Bynack and Tore have to be removed by somebody at some point//or do they simply stop sending signals after a given time?

Q2 Who is it exactly who haven't updated Tore's route?

• moffer said:

I just saw Bynack fly past the nest. The first few seconds of this is his grown up voice :o)

I hope Scylla has the full length version.

I think so, I'm uploading it.  I underestimated how long ago "just" was, and hadn't heard it myself cos I was testing my speakers with a folk song on YouTube ::)

IMAGICAT

• Patily not that I am any expert to answer your questions but I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong.

I believe that the satellite tracking device is held on by small straps (like a backpack) that disintigrate after a few years, this was what I was told at the LG centre.

I think it is the LG Team or RSPB who have to download the data files and update Tore's route.

Hope this kind a answers your queries for now.

• Good morning everyone and special thanks to DaisyRay for the spooky swan late on yesterday's DU. If you go back through the DU's: Ghosts, Phantoms and UFOs all around... what a paranormal season ;-)

Good morning Bynack, hope you slept well and dreamed of rich fishing grounds in FRANCE, of an easy to fly passage at GIBRALTAR or a warm sunny treetop in AFRICA... Bynack, boy, you got my message?

Patily  I think the "backpacks" with the tracking devices are fixed to the ospreys with a material that will very slowly wear away and the transmitters will finally fall of. Anyone,please correct me, if I'm mistaken

Cats and women will do as they please. Dogs and men should relax and get used to it.

• patily said:

Can anybody answer this that I asked the other day, please?

Will the tracking devices on Bynack and Tore have to be removed by somebody at some point//or do they simply stop sending signals after a given time?

Q2 Who is it exactly who haven't updated Tore's route?

I didn't know the answer to your question PATILY, that's why I didn't answer.  I did think, though, that the aerials eventually stop working and fall off :-?

As for "who are responsible for not updating Tore's route" - why do you want to know?  Are you getting up a vigilante group to punish them? ;-D  Count me in! ;-)

IMAGICAT

• Thank you for the video MOFFER :)  Glad you saw the fly past too, I only just got to the cam in time so wasn't 100% sure :o