Daily Update (LG Nest) Sunday, 21st August 2011

So the season extends by yet another day. One wonders if Bynack or Odin will fly away today. The only way to find out is to follow the thread.

There were 316 posts made yesterday.

How long will we have to wonder where Tore is? Is she in France? Is she heading for the sturgeon farm?

• Whats that on wide camera at 12:02? (puzzled).

A very old Shropshire Lad.

• hmm an osprey in conversation with a phantom osprey?

Cats and women will do as they please. Dogs and men should relax and get used to it.

• I'm confused... one osprey but a strange perspective? Or two ospreys? Or one Osprey and one Phantom?

Cats and women will do as they please. Dogs and men should relax and get used to it.

• ok, probably one osprey:

• I have just been reading through and adding my own thoughts to favourite moments

How heart-stopping was the incident when Bynack couldn't right himself OMG What also amazed was how oblivious EJ seemed to be to his struggles.

• BTW thanks MaryGK for that very thoughtful card.

I see we are still playing the waiting game and that Bynack still seems to be around.

• Unknown said:

I am up at the unGodly hour of 1:30 am in Cleveland, Ohio. I just heard Bynack calling.  (Goodnight all!)

[VIDEO BUT SOUND ONLY] Who is Calling?

OH CRAP!!! I don't know what happened to the sound - I heard him very close for just a few calls and then silence. Sorry, folks. :(((

Imagicat || Tiger's links || 2022 LG Obs

•  

What happened there, not pic or post. Will try again.

Is this an osprey?

Daisy Ray - picked up your post at end of yesterday's DU, glad you managed to purchase one too.

Third wish -   to visit LG before too long, maybe next year!!

•  

Morning All.  (Edit:  Afternoon All!) What a lot to get thru since yesterday evening - facts, figures, information, pics, vids, comments.  Thank you all.  Thank you too to Keith Rogers and Tiger for such helpful responses to my query about time of migration.  So from that, I guess we can possibly assume that Bynack will be with us for another day, particularly as he came to the nest at 11.31hr this morning. 

That was him, honest!!  It was a very brief visit!  No sign of Odin though.

Scylla once again a wonderful vid of the fish delivery.  I know just what you mean when you call Bynack penguin-like.  I thought exactly the same yesterday and almost posted a pic, but felt I was being a bit mean about him!

Lovely to be reminded how great a dad Odin is, with the pics and vids of him feeding the chicks.

I have just been reading the very sad demises of Heather, Thistle, Glen and Moray in 2007 and 2008 on Roy Dennis' site.  Our two have such a lot to face them before they reach Africa with so many hazards to encounter and hopefully overcome.

I keep looking at GE and following Tore's journey.  I know these are straight line fixes, but she made an interesting turn from SW to SSW, avoiding Ireland, which can be a problem I gather.  Instead of heading to Ireland she turned SSE to hit Holyhead Island.  An astute young lady!  I am so looking forward to the next fixes.  Has she stopped over near Margo, or found the Girdonde and the fish farm, or headed on to Spain?  So many questions to be answered.  As Sandy says, the cam will be turned off soon, and certainly by 1 September when the Centre closes for the season.  I wonder where Caroline, Abbi, John and co will be spending the winter months.  Izzy and Paul headed even further north in Scotland later last year, and then spent this season in Iceland. 

There are of course loads of other threads to keep up with - Tore and Bynack, satellite tagged ospreys, osprey sightings etc so have no fear, the HW can continue to be ignored and we can continue to learn about these wonderful creatures.  All those books everyone has bought and not yet read - I am guilty of that, and ordered two more yesterday!  I was fascinated by Sky Hawk, a children's book by Gill Lewis - she has become involved with a nest (I have no idea where it is) with three chicks and she has organised sponsors for ringing and tagging from her various world-wide publishers.  A nice touch, and publicity for all.  I think that Roy Dennis is going to follow Ozwold, the main bird chosen for tagging, but not sure whether it will be on his site or on hers - Chloe mentioned it earlier.

Oh why does my web cam keep stopping.  I am suddenly aware I cannot hear the wind!  Wide cam is blurred forest at present. 

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/