Daily Update (LG Nest) Sunday, 21st August 2011

So the season extends by yet another day. One wonders if Bynack or Odin will fly away today. The only way to find out is to follow the thread.

There were 316 posts made yesterday.

How long will we have to wonder where Tore is? Is she in France? Is she heading for the sturgeon farm?

• PATILY, As far as I remember we are able to track them on GE all the way to Africa or wherever they end up.

• Patily. I thought that once the Ospreys started migration, that updates would be daily until they reach their destination and then weekly throughout the winter.

That's how it was done in 2009 I'm sure. I remember looking on a daily basis and watching their progress.

Alex, I know that this is a busy time for the staff, but really, how long would it take to write a few words to us, or punch in some numbers. This is the MOST crucial time for our birds, and after watching each stage of their lives, and now waiting, we should know that they are doing ok and have not been shot by hunters or some other mishap.

• pam j said:

Morning SANDY, Hope this is not the last Daily Update of 2011.  TIGER suggested it might run on a bit longer as there is so much interest and I think that would be great.

But what are we going to update on? The wind blowing the grasses about on the nest? LOL. Don't forget once they've all definitely gone the camera will be switched off.

• moffer said:

I have asked on the main blog about GE updates.

Thanks, MOFFER!

IMAGICAT

• Gosh, that's some work gone in there to reinforce the nest tree!  God bless them at LG :)

• Good morning all OH at work this morning so a bit of time to catch up.  Just read the remainder of yesterday's posts and got so sad to read that Bynack was waiting for a fish.  Our magnificent and wonderful Odin delivered in the end.  What a great Dad he is.  Thanks to all  for videos, wonderful pics of Bynack who indeed does look so like Odin now and last but not least the commentary.  There have been so many wonderful videos and catures this year and I also ecno Mary's  comment about the wonderful people on this blog.  Such a lot to look through in the winter while we follow Tore and Bynack on their migration.  Did manage to get a glimpse of Bynack one the wide cam earlier this morning thinking to myself that perhaps this is the last time I will see him.  Sounds quite windy at LG so perhaps today is the day, really want to leave soon but at the same time know how emotional I will feel when he does.

Mary  such a nice thought by you to put the card on, my thanks too.

Margobird

• moffer said:

Patily. I thought that once the Ospreys started migration, that updates would be daily until they reach their destination and then weekly throughout the winter.

That's how it was done in 2009 I'm sure. I remember looking on a daily basis and watching their progress.

Alex, I know that this is a busy time for the staff, but really, how long would it take to write a few words to us, or punch in some numbers. This is the MOST crucial time for our birds, and after watching each stage of their lives, and now waiting, we should know that they are doing ok and have not been shot by hunters or some other mishap.

Moffer: This is an exert from Richard Thaxton's last blog.

"Finally, can I just say, that whilst we know only too well how important the webcam pictures are and the blog posts are to so many of you, we sort things out and write posts and answer comments when we can. You are an important audience to us, but we are very busy and the blog certainly is a significant add-on to what we do. We will always strive to keep you in the know and up todate, but please be patient if nothing appears. We have had calls to the office this week as well as blog comments and e-mails asking what's going on etc and to answer these calls and e-mails and reply to comments only adds further to what we have to try and fit in.  Cut us some slack please. If you have visited us at the Centre, you will know how busy we are.  Thanks ;-)"

Please show some patience towards the staff at LG.

• Morning all, see that Bynack is still around.   Thanks for pics and vids plus posts.

8 pages already, my, my, you have been busy bees!!!!!!!!LOL.

All quiet on the Western Front.

• margobird said:

Mary  such a nice thought by you to put the card on, my thanks too.

Margo you are very welcome....   It is sad when they all leave, I worry about Bynack leaving in this wind though, as they say it effects the young birds, more so than adults.   Maybe its just windy up at LG as when I am looking out our window the trees are hardly moving, so probably worrying needlessly.   Oh I just wish they were all safely down in Africa now....