DAY to DAY LG OSPREY GABFEST July 6,2011

Since I am at present unable to find any of the people who until this morning have posted on the LG blog , I am starting this thread to provide us with a gathering place to our liking. If this is successful and  we do reunite here, the thread will be updated daily or as needed.  Come & join me, folks, it's lonesome here.

• hello OSPREY WATCHER...  I have just checked the people on JUNES(OHIO)  thread. these are my kind of people . i like to read interesting input,amusing tales,places where people like to visit.. i dont want to read the (( odin back, fish delivry, its raining )) uninteresting delivery.i can see that myself. and the icing on the cake is the input by JUNE (ohio) ..  

• Hi Milly, great to see you and no 6 grandchild, I am sure you cannot wait and oh another one to spoil, that's what being a grandparent is :)

I am hoping to see a fledging before the weekend otherwise I will have to buy some mobile broadband but it is expensive and does not last long lol.

Happy belated birthday osprey_watcher.

Tore and Bynack sleeping and not sure if it has stopped raining, nice to see such a settled nest.

Thank you June for setting this thread up and I like Milly will pop in daily.

• Oh Sunshine, I can tell a few tales lol.

Have you ever been to Applecross and driven up that fierce road, not for the faint hearted.

• Hi Sunshine i have been a quiet bystander for a while now, very quiet and shy lol.

Thank you Bright&Breezy x

• We are gathering and it  has only been  a few hours!  I feel like something from Alfred Hitchcock's "The Bird's".  

Btw, SUNSHINE, thanks for including me in your party or meeting.  In cyberspace-fantasy land I will be there.

OSPREY WATCHER, I was about to ask where in USA you are from, but checked your page first and see you are from Glasgow. So Happy Birthday & many more!

• BRIGHT & BREEZY Indead i have. i was staying near glen coe and did the trip to applecross .   the hairpin bends are quite something, and stopped at the top in a lay-by. the views over raasay and skye are great .. then on to torridon and to beauly and down by loch ness to fort william. the to glen coe . i think i did about 450 miles that day, if anybody reads this i can recomend that trip. but dont go in a large vehicle , you wont get round the hairpin bends

• JUNE (ohio) you would have been my guest of honour

• 4:26 am Thursday July 6 Scotland; 11:26 pm Wed July 5th.  Good morning local osprey watchers and LG bloggers.  Welcome to the new GAB FEST site.  I hope uou'all feel comfortable here in our new home. Hope many more EJ & family fans find their way here today for some lively chat.  The nest is quiet except for the wind, which is really whistling around the mike.  I see one big blob of feathers, 2 heads & two antenae (I'm not going to admit I can't spell it) so I assume Tore &     are both there someplace.

4:57 EJ flew in with an interesting looking branch, did a wee bit of rearranging & flew away. Now Tore &    are awake & moving about the nest.  It's getting late here in Ohio, my friends, so I'll use that as my excuse for completely blocking on the youngest one's name.  Anyway, both have been doing some jumping  wing flapping exercizes -- sideways yet! One (the boy, I think) moved from 2 to 12 o'clock by flying with sideways jumps.  Then he flew over Tore's head in one direction and back over it again in the opposite direction!!! Funny!

I think he has worn himself out as he has now settled down beside Tore. They do continue to grow., don't they.  Tore has spread her tail and I can see that once cute little tail now looks like a turkey's tail spread wide for Thanksgiving Day.

As to telling them apart , Tore the girl has brown feathers on her chest, while the youngest a boy has an all white chest  --  Right???     The only problem is I can never catch the one I think is the boy facing me.  Good night, all.  It's been a long day.

• 5:42 am  EJ came in with more material & did a little more construction on the walls.  But i can tell her: EJ you're wasting your time. It'll take bigger branches than you've got there to stop those two!

• Good morning June  and thanks for your reports of yesterday, I guess you had a pretty wet day as did EJ, Odin,Tore and Bynack.  That nest must be soaking now.  Let's all wish for some sun for them to dry everything out.

Margobird