Technical Test Thread

I have decided to start this thread for discussing technical issues that come up rather than messing up the other threads.

I guess the first issue seems to be pasting Word text into posting boxes.

Recently we have had three threads lockup up as a result of posts involving Word text.

• I have just uninstalled Rapport. I shall leave it for a week or so, to see the difference. Apart from the locking and freezing of browsers, it was causing my laptop to overheat quite often, which was rather alarming. I have a policy of not doing sensitive work, like banking on this laptop, I use another one for banking etc., which still has Rapport, and importantly has no email at all installed. Thanks all, for getting me to do something that I should have done weeks ago.

ChloeB & Tiger's Osprey Data Site

Sat track schedule Spring 2014

LG 7 days; RW & SWT nil; LDOP varies

• It really is quite odd. Did you have your Rapport on auto update jsb? I didn't look on my previous installation to check but notice it is set as default in the current console so it probably was.

I have just installed it on a laptop it wasn't previously on. So far so good!

• ChloeB said:
    Did you have your Rapport on auto update jsb?

Yes it was, I can check the version on the other laptop tomorrow. It is resting at the moment (it was the one that needed the new battery, which is another story I have not posted yet, but it was fun - not!)

• Look foward to hearing the saga when you have the time or inclination.

• Last week I was trying to check out if I had the most up to date driver for my printer. On my search I was presented with this driver manager. I decided to run it an to my horror I discovered that I had 28 bad drivers on my computer. I was a bit suspicious of this and checked one or two of the drivers I could easily check and found them to be fine.

Later I used another of these tools and found I had 26 bad drivers.

I knew that I now must sort this properly so I did some research and found the tool on Windows 7 the you can use to check drivers.

I went through every so called bad driver and they were all the best driver available.

So there is a lot of scam software out there trying to relieve you of your money. I wonder what you do if you allow them to run on your cmputer?

Strange thing is that these programs are supposed to have thousands of users according to my security programme.

The thought is that if you were to buy one of these scam software you would be giving your credit card details to villians.

• ChloeB said:
    Did you have your Rapport on auto update jsb?

Yes on laptop No 2, it is on auto-update, showing Version Emerald Build 1205.12. I was only using one browser window, so it was working fine, CPU usage was 'nil', I thought it might be using something?

• jsb said:
    Yes on laptop No 2, it is on auto-update, showing Version Emerald Build 1205.12. I was only using one browser window, so it was working fine, CPU usage was 'nil', I thought it might be using something?

I seem to have installed Rapport on this computer on 15th August 2012.

The version I have now  which is 1205.12     seems to have arrived on 7 October.

I had it for years on my old computer which was acting strange when I tried it on Saturday.

I turned Rapport off on Saturday night and all has been well since.

• Hazel b said:
    ...so I did some research and found the tool on Windows 7 the you can use to check drivers.

Was the Windows tool you found called Driver Verifier Tiger?

• Both the computers I mentioned with Rapport newly downloaded and installed are still working fine. No problems at all. They are Emerald Build 1205.12 same as yours.

It is all rather odd isn't it?

• ChloeB said:

...so I did some research and found the tool on Windows 7 the you can use to check drivers.

Was the Windows tool you found called Driver Verifier Tiger?

[/quote]

The tool I used was "Device Manager"