Weekly Chat page, Tuesday, September 1, 2009

OK, let's see how this goes. Maybe use this page for general chat, which can include ospreys, but also non-osprey related chatter? It also doesn't have to be Daily, but time will tell. It may not take shape until after the Diary goes away.

As Carol noted, Tiger set up the "Tracking Rothes and Mallachie" page, which might be the best place for serious observations about our girls and their progress. There's also a "Tracking Other UK Ospreys" page .

In the meantime, we can twitter on about ospreys, dogs, guinea pigs, kids, vacations, etc., - and post poems - here without boring the "osprey only" members of the community.

Feel free to boo loudly and make suggestions if you see any problems. Thanks everyone!

• Alan How romantic.  Have you checked your family tree.  My sister has started and it's not looking good so far.  :))

Is this the site to speak of anything because I have been on the diary page as well.  I wish some one would tell me before I get into trouble.LOL

Hamish Mcgregor. THat sounds good though> 

Everything in life is speaking in spite of its apparent silence.

• Tish said:

Thank You Patrizia. Very knd of you.  Are you Spanish??   If so is you're z-th or  see:)))

I am Italian, living in Spain, my husband is British. The Z in Patrizia is pronounced TS, the nearest sound very similar to tsetse fly! Or pizza, ZZ  :-)   Wonder what Mallachie is doing....And little Garten!

• Tish,

Blog here. Chat is chat and can't be mistaken for anything else. If you have 'serious' Osprey info, share it in both places or just under what we know as the Diary page. I'm blogging where it says 'Chat' so I may 'express' myself in any way I want. We outgoing extravert types find it hard not to input    :) ly faces, upper case words for emphasis, and  words not usually written (sigh, smile, etc).

I think this is an excellent alternative and I don't have to frustrate other users.

I

• My name is from the McGregor Clan too!!  Some of the McGregors changed their name to the area of Glen Dochart as a "tribute"  to the area having escaped from the English!  I have my tree back to 1729!  Can't get further back though!

• Valc : I have not traced my family tree as yet but have always been meaning to do so. Perhaps we should start a MCGREGOR thread. haha

• I do love "our" Mallachie being "your" avatar.:)) Where did I read that avatar means that when you die you will come back as your avatar! Rubbish?  who knows!!    She is bonny though!!  Ah!!

• A thought came into my head (it sometimes does) and you know how doggy and cat people are really over the moon love their animals - really love them.  The same can be said for osprey people now.   Maybe that thought should just fly right out of my head again.  But I mean if all the people hear love animals/birds then if every body did wouln't the worlD be such a happy place.  this is getting too schmoltzy::))

MUST DO DAUGHTERLY THINGS NOW.  lATER....X

• Hear hear Tish. What I feel in my heart for this very special Osprey family is love.

We only have one word in the English language for love, which is a pity. We 'love' our spouses, our pets, our best dress, and our favourite food. Mmmmmm. There should be a differentiation really.

The Greeks have four words for love, which is better. Can't spell the words so forgive me any Greeks out there, but Filio is for offspring, Eros is for romantic love , Agape is for unconditonal love and, oh bother, I've forgotten the fourth word. It'll come back to me.

Off to work now, so looking forward to Mallachie's satellite data when I come home. Hope you are keeping dry Mallachie, it's been pouring down with rain all day here.

• Morning all. Not off to AZ until 9/21. Fires around LA seriously awful; in fact the smoke has been clouding the skies as far east as Denver. And this morning we have a distinct autumnal quality to the light up here - a result of sun coming up through the smoke. Then you have the usual hardcore folks who. insist on not evacuating, thereby endangering not only their own lives but those of the firefighters....  Off to take car for service. Take care.